Sable & Proctor recruitment are looking to recruit a Project Manager on behalf of a client in the West Yorkshire region.
What our client is looking for.
As part of a small projects team you will be responsible for looking after the execution of ‘live’ projects as well as overseeing the progression of the project pipeline before they become live. Ideally we are looking for someone who is extremely organised, not phased by lots of moving parts and well versed in managing a large project group.
Ideal skills and experience:
- At least two years’ experience in a Project Management role.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You will be confident and have a tenacious attitude towards the completion of tasks and projects and handling objections.
- Ability to educate and influence, with confidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including being a good team player, being diplomatic and professional and having the ability to motivate people.
- Demonstrate solid organisational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking and excellent prioritisation skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Good negotiation skills and commercial understanding.
- Can use initiative and make decisions under pressure.
- Possess analytical and numerical skills.
- Demonstrate general management and leadership skills.
- Preferably hold a Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE II or similar (desirable, not essential).
What you will be doing.
- The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating people and processes to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. Specific Project Manager responsibilities include developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource allocation and driving every project to a successful conclusion. You should have a background in business skills, project management and analysis, with excellent communication skills and the ability to engage wider stakeholders.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/suppliers for the flawless execution of projects including full completion of all supporting project management tools e.g. kick off form and critical paths.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that external milestones are met in line with the critical path, ensuring the capability and timelines of the supplier is understood.
- Develop a detailed critical path in a standardised format to track progress.
- Solid understanding of all PM related processes and mitigation plans for any changes to project(s), using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- To initially advise on artwork / packaging / print costs for each project, track and report on the actual costs incurred vs budget, and authorise recharges upon suppliers as necessary.
- Directly manage the packaging / artwork process for new business and redesigns.
- Carry out monitoring and control activities to track the progress of the project at the weekly PM meeting, captured clearly in the rail document, involving all internal stakeholders.
- Measure project performance and close out projects upon project completion at the After-Action Review, using the agreed template – including evaluating successes and challenges to improve processes and incorporate in future projects.
- Report and escalate to PMO as needed.
- Manage the tasks via customer interfaces/portals where required i.e. Artwork Approval, New Line Forms, Specifications etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant third parties/vendors i.e. Graphic Design, Printers, and any other sub-contractors to determine capabilities, to ensure the project lands on time and in line with customer requirements.
- Ensure the status of the project(s) are updated.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Sable & Proctor Recruitment Ltd who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Follow us on Twitter (@SableProctor) Facebook (@SableProctor) or LinkedIn to keep up to date with our latest news and vacancies.