Major Recruitment are working with an established manufacturing company based in East Lancashire who are looking to expand their Engineering department by adding a Project Manager to the team on a full time permanent basis. This roles requires someone with experience and ambition to be able to manage projects from start to finish with the a positive and driven attitude.
- Taking responsibility for projects from concept to delivery
- Reviewing and resolving issues with existing site systems in relation to electrical distribution systems, lighting protection systems and control system installations
- Developing an awareness of the existing interconnected infrastructure (e.g. boilers, cooling towers, hydraulics, air compressors, vacuum pumps)
- Liaising with and ensuring clear communication between internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Ensuring projects achieve their objectives, whilst also maintaining the company’s priorities in relation to SHEQ
Experience and Qualifications:
- Specialist core skills in Electrical, Control Systems and Instrumentation
- Proven project management experience within a Process/FMCG industry
- Understanding of Hazardous Areas (Vapour and Dust) designation and application
- Multi-discipline awareness (Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Process, Maintenance, Operations, etc.)
- Experience of working with electrical distribution systems (6.6kV and below)
- Degree/HNC/HND or other accredited qualification is desirable, however not essential depending on experience
- Strong organisational and communication skills are essential for success in this role
- A team-player who can demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
This role is a full time position working shifts and equating to 37.5hrs a week. This company offer great benefits as well as a long standing team around you to offer guidance, knowledge and support. If you are interested in this position please do not hesitate to contact Lizzy Miller on the details below or apply for the role.