Research Project Manager
You will be working as part of a team to provide research, information and analytical support for InterTradeIreland. You will work as part of the wider Strategy and Policy Directorate and contribute to overall team and corporate requirements.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide research, information and analytical support for InterTradeIreland which will include:
- Assisting with the scope, tender and supervision of commissioned research projects; managing steering groups and research drafts.
- Assisting in undertaking research into areas which affect the development of trade and business in the economies of both jurisdictions.
- Contributing to the development of reports and presentations for submission to the Senior Management, the Board and outside organisations.
- Deputise for the manager as required and work under your own initiative to ensure programme deliverables remain on target.
- Proactively manage and monitor project delivery and adherence to budget against key performance targets.
- Record project and financial information accurately on InterTradeIreland’s IT systems with a demonstrable attention to detail.
- To develop knowledge of contacts in policy research, North and South, and keep abreast of developments in the economies of both jurisdictions.
- Support communication activity, liaising accordingly with internal and external stakeholders which will include senior staff and executives in government bodies, development agencies and SME’s (Small and Medium sized Enterprises).
- Follow project evaluation and appraisal procedures as and when required in line with Corporate reporting frameworks.
- Organise events as required, sometimes in partnership with key stakeholders including design and delivery of presentations on InterTradeIreland supports suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Supervisory/management responsibility of staff when required.
- Any other duties as required by line manager.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks.
- A third level, or equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a research or project management role.
- Experience of working in a cross-border/all-island context.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking - the ability to understand a complex problem or situation and approach it in a methodical fashion.
- An understanding of the issues affecting trade and business across the island.
- The ability to seek, organise, evaluate and analyse information to assist decision making.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting surveys and statistics.
- Experience in researching, collating and analysing information to produce reports/findings.
Full details including key duties and responsibilities, essential and desirable criteria, person specification and application form are available from the website by CLICKING APPLY NOW.