The Project Manager will oversee the construction phase of the business pipeline of clean energy design and build projects with responsibility for managing the delivery of projects from the point of financial close through to the point of handing over an operational plant to the asset management team.
My client is a rapidly growing design and build provider of clean energy in the UK with their head office in London.
The Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously (up to 5, could be on-site at the same time) and ensuring delivery on time and to budget.
- Providing project information to contractors to enable them to accurately price works.
- Undertaking financial and technical assessment of contractors proposals.
- Managing projects being procured under design and build contracts - notifications, liaison with Owners Engineer etc.
- Understanding projects that involve free issue equipment and the resultant supplier/contractor interface
- Assessing progress of works and manage contractor accordingly.
- Monitoring Health & Safety compliance.
- Managing and coordinating Distribution Network Operators (DNO), Independent Connections Providers (ICP) and Utility Infrastructure Providers (UIP)
- Liaising with landlords, neighbours and interested third parties (e.g. Network Rail).
- Successful in managing multiple projects and ensuring delivery to time and budget.
- Familiarity with construction industry contracts with particular emphasis on design & build.
- The ability to travel nationwide (UK) to attend meetings at sites, contractors and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits