Westminster Green is one of London’s most prestigious addresses. The apartment block consists of 178 apartments and duplexes, together with retail units on the ground floor. The property is run by the Westminster Green Management Company, the Board of which is currently undertaking a multi-million pound project to ensure that there is full compliance with recently updated fire and building regulations. The project includes removing and replacing ACM cladding from the building, creating an external structure which meets EWS1 requirements and delivers an A1certification, and internal works.
Link here: www.westminstergreen.org
To manage the delivery of the works required to make Westminster Green compliant with all fire and building regulations, on time and within budget.
- Manage, on behalf of the board, the relationship with key project service providers including building project advisers, legal advisers, fire engineers, Westminster Green property manager
- Manage the related streams of external and internal work with the relevant service providers
- Prepare, manage and keep up to date a project budget and cash flow reports and advise the board on its payment obligations with contractors involved on the project.
- Prepare and manage a risk register liaising with all contractors and parties, reporting to the board when risk levels escalate and in any event once a month at board meetings.
- Liaise with the GLA and the governments advisers appointed to support the project to ensure all information is provided quickly to enable funding from the government to be quickly processed.
- Prepare a monthly project report to the board.
- Prepare and deliver the communications schedule for leaseholders and residents.
- Ensure all documentation complies with government and local authority requirements .
Chairman of the Board
Skills and Experience Required
- Large scale and complex project management experience in construction, engineering or a related field and appropriate qualifications
- IT and technology skills in database and project management software
- Experience in preparing and managing project budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Experience of working with government and in the public sector
- A record of delivering complex projects on time and within budget
Remuneration and Benefits
- This is a full-time appointment.
- The Board encourages, and is supportive of, flexible working arrangements which could include working from home.
- A competitive salary will be offered.
- The initial contract period will be for one year, with the possibility of extension until mid 2022.
- Applicants should email their CV, together with a covering letter
- The deadline for applications is 1800 on Friday 11 September
- Long-list interviews (via Zoom) will take place during the week starting 14 September
- Short-list interviews will take place (in London) during the week starting 21 September
- The successful applicant will be need to be available to start work on 1 October.