Project Manager Temporary 3 Months initially
Our fantastic client in Cardiff are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their fast paced team immediately on a Temporary 2 - 3 month basis initially.
For the right candidate, the role may be offered on a permanent contract following this initial period.
Our client are an award winning employer of choice within their industry, and you will be joining a highly experienced team to plan and manage the resources for all aspects of project services, including pricing and project management of projects such as build, delivery, storage, logistics, and installation.
You will manage projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, on budget, and to full customer satisfaction.
- Project Management: Planning of cabling and equipment installation projects at customer sites to ensure full functionality according to the specifications.
- Co-ordinate the site meetings throughout the life of the project, in order to ensure that project milestones are met through to conclusion.
- Manage all resources including suppliers throughout the project.
- Pricing: Price projects based on the information provided via a proforma document, scope of work or adhoc work request.
- Agree pricing for projects with the head of project service and report progress throughout project life-cycle.
- Customers Relationship Management: Responsible for always working in a professional and courteous manner, liaising with the customers to ensure open communication channels are maintained.
- Meeting the needs of the customer and following any issues which arise during the life of the project through to conclusion and keeping the customer informed at all times.
- Negotiate with the customer, supporting the business development managers in selling the services of the Company.
- Resource Management: Responsible for planning, allocating and controlling the project resources; including specialist equipment, sub-contractors, suppliers etc.
- Overall responsibility for all project activities to ensure that the project is completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Contractor Management: Responsible for the day to day management of the sub-contract engineers allocated to the project including technical support and any other support required.
- Equipment: Select and purchase all the necessary equipment from suppliers and arrange delivery to site to meet the needs of each project in a timely and effective way.
- Health and Safety: Responsible for ensuring all project engineers adhere to health and safety policy whilst carrying out works on behalf of the company.
- Documentation: Responsible for completing all the necessary documentation accurately in accordance with company procedures.
Experience, Skills & Qualification:
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and able to maintain rapport with customers.
- High level planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to manage suppliers, engineers, and sub-contractor managers.
- Ability to think logically and clearly, able to make decisions and use own judgement.
- Highly developed commercial awareness
- Ability to cost projects to ensure that the appropriate profit levels are achieved
- High level of computer literacy including project management software
- Ability to analyse data.
- Prince 2 qualified or similar qualification or qualified by experience.
- Experience of managing projects, of value of at least £500k.
- Proven experience of IT related projects, including changes and roll-outs.
- Experience of managing various projects at the same time.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly respected and growing company who offer a superb working environment and opportunity to develop.
Due to the nature of this role we are looking for an experienced candidate who can join the team immediately for an initial period of 2-3 months, with the scope to go permanent following this.