A great opportunity has just landed for an experienced Project Manager join an established engineering organisation who due to expansion of the business. They are looking for an experienced engineer with a strong understanding of the full project lifecycle from concept through to completion.
The role is to take management, financial and contractual responsibility for designated and multiple projects, ensuring that each of the projects is properly planned, adequately resourced and that all contractual milestones are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner. There is also a requirement to play an active role as part of the management team, contributing to strategic decision-making and planning.
Our expectations would be for you to be a proactive team player that strives to deliver high quality work and the highest level of customer service.
- Commit to the whole life cycle of delivering projects from quoting to completion
- Be forward thinking to identify when gaps and overloads may exist in the teams workload
- Lead a team of engineers, and when needed, contractors, sub-contractors and work partners to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks
- Contract review and negotiation
- Selection and management of any sub-contractors required for completion of project
- Identifying and managing any work outside of project scope, ensuring customers' expectations are clearly set out and met
- Review future project requirements for resources and identifying training & development opportunities for your team
- Develop engineers in your team, and manage expectations and progression
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Experience and knowledge of Process Industries such as the Water and Chemical sectors
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible
- Positive, personable and happy team player
- Contractual awareness would be advantageous
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Sometimes in life we are thrown curve balls, so you must be resilient to overcome adversity and lead your team through these times.
- Think outside the box and push the boundaries
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK