Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Edinburgh to recruit for a Project Manager (Communications & Engagement) & (Data Processing). The rate of rate of pay depends on experience starting from £220 per day.
Contract ends: 05/04/2021 possible extension
Location: remote working for the foreseeable future
Cost = 30% and Quality 70%.
Relevant Qualifications = 10%
Key Skills and Competencies = 50%
Impact of Experience on Future Service Delivery = 40%
A full time Project Manager is required to drive successful delivery of two key projects within the 2022 Census programme. The post will be split on a 40/60 basis between the Communications & Engagement and the Data Processing projects respectively.
Communications & Engagement
This project requires a Project Manager on a flexible 2 days per week basis, subject to fluctuating periods of concentrated activity. The Project Manager will work with subject matter experts to drive delivery across the following main workstreams:
- marketing and advertising
- visual identity and branding, and
- stakeholder and community engagement.
The Comms & Engagement team is also responsible for all internal and external communications, this aspect is out of scope for the Project Manager role and will be managed by business team colleagues on a business as usual basis.
This project requires a Project Manager on a flexible 3 days per week basis, subject to fluctuating periods of concentrated activity. This role will manage the delivery of Statistical activities and also to work closely with the Technical PM (in place) to ensure alignment of Statistical and IT deliverables for Data Processing.
- Work closely with Programme Management to define the project delivery approach and maintain a strong Project Delivery structure and culture.
- Define, document and lead on the delivery of each project and their outputs within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Prepare realistic project schedules and plans, and ensure they are maintained.
- Evaluating all key project deliverables, as well as final products to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance.
- Monitor and control resources, timescales and costs reporting tolerance breaches and other issues to Senior Management, providing options and proposed resolutions as appropriate.
- Identify, assess and manage risks, opportunities and issues in line with programme guidance to maximise the success of the project and to minimise negative impact to quality, budget, and time line.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, the creation of contingency plans in conjunction with the project owner and other senior management as required, implementing a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Provide effective leadership to the project using your expertise to support the continuing development of Project Delivery capabilities within the programme.
- Experience of managing a substantial project of
- significant value, preferably within a complex programme across multidisciplinary areas.
- Experience of end to end delivery of a complex and responsive operation to predefined deadlines.
- Experience of delivering public sector projects, ideally with an awareness of the processes required to support the delivery of legislation.
- Experience of building networks and partnerships, and of developing strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Management of 3rd party suppliers to deliver in partnership with internal teams.
- Experience of shaping and initiation of work streams.
- Track record of both Agile and waterfall deliveries.
Must already have Disclosure Scotland Certificate.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance will be required.
Please apply online