2 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of this position is to manage multiple internal and external projects throughout their lifecycle (from bid, through delivery, to close out) in order to deliver them to Time, Cost and Quality to the satisfaction of the business (achieve margins) and the customer. Maintain and develop an excellent working relationship with suppliers and customers (internal and external) whilst being the single point of contact for them.
- Conduct planning to create project plans containing all facets of the Project.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills, able to inspire a team to strive for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive and achieve successful delivery that meets customer needs.
- To be the main point of contact for internal and external customers on Engineering Projects
- To ensure the customer is delighted with the product or outputs of the project, whilst ensuring the budgeted margins are achieved or bettered.
- To effectively manage teams from the various sites for collaborative projects.
- To ensure project team members are kept fully briefed of the project’s requirements/tasks and to be responsible for the issue of work breakdown structures and schedules.
- To be involved in the preparation of proposals and bid responses, in conjunction with other functions, to ensure accurate vetting and sign off by Engineering, Finance and Management and to ensure timely submittal.
- To be responsible for the provision of reports, as required, on all aspects of assigned projects, programmes performance and proposals/bids status.
- To be responsible for the preparation of material for and support at internal or external meetings and presentations, and to ensure meetings and actions are recorded and followed through.
- Support appropriate engineering reviews and the engineering change process.
- Flexible to undertake any other duties as may be deemed necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
· Communication skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to promote cooperation between all functional groups within the organisation.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Able to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
· Experience in Project Managing the development and/or delivery of technically complex projects in a multi-stakeholder and multi-supplier context.
· Proficient in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
· Experience of delivering project or programmes in a manufacturing/technical environment.
· Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with challenging customers.
· Understanding/knowledge of technical and engineering principles.
· Great communicator at all levels of the organisation, with an ability to present/interpret information with confidence and credibility.
· Excellent internal & external management of challenging stakeholders.
· Experience of presenting to various audiences and ensuring their understanding.
- Qualification such as APMP, PMP or PRINCE2, AGILE, MSP or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience in a Project Management role – desirable.
- HNC or degree in a technical subject – desirable.
Any other Duties:
- From time to time additional tasks or roles may be assigned as necessary.
- On occasions it may be necessary for you to travel to Stranraer (Manufacturing Site) or to the parent company in the United States.
- Occasional visits to customers’ or suppliers’ facilities both within the UK and overseas may be necessary.