Senior Project Manager, Defence
Our client is a well established innovative national real estate and infrastructure consultancy, with offices in Leeds and other key UK cities who work with a variety of high calibre and long-standing clients across a number of sectors.
Due to the winning of a number of high profile defence projects they are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their existing Project Management team and work with clients on delivery, while managing the existing key accounts and developing new and existing relationships.
The successful SPM will lead a section of the PM team within the Leeds office, reporting directly into the Director of Project Management and maintain and develop business across the region.
The successful candidate will be managing the team to successfully deliver the key stages of projects to ensure that they are on time, to high quality and within the specified budget. This will be spread throughout the region and in the defence sector.
As Senior Project Manager you will have a minimum of 5 years Project Management experience preferably and hold professional qualifications and memberships. You will also have security clearance.
- Experience of working in a client-focused environment - working closely with clients, updating clients on progress, while taking personal responsibility in dealing with clients and striving to exceed their expectations
- Experience of working on defence schemes with the DIO or MoD
- Proven track record of leading a team
- A strategic thinker with broad problem-solving skills
- Able to work on own initiative with strong motivation skills
- Good management skills
- Strong communication skills with experience working in a client-focused environment
This is very much a delivery role, and whilst you will work closely with the Director of PM to develop and plan the growth of the Project Management business. You will also work to the continued integration of the other consultancy services within the internal business units.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business with an exciting pipeline of work.
For more information and to have a confidential conversation about the role please apply now by submitting your CV or contact one of the Tempest Jones team.