A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a Central Government Body who are looking to hire a proactive, forward thinking and assertive individual to take on a Project Improvement Manager role.
My client is looking for an individual who has experience of managing a portfolio of projects successfully with an innovative approach towards delivery and speed progress. A qualified, or ability to quickly acquire PRINCE2 Practitioner status is essential in the role or other structured methodologies. Security Clearance Essential.
- Prepare Business Cases and project plans which contribute to achievement of the Business Plan and 5 Year Strategy and are based on a sound understanding of resource availability and capability. Work with project leads to agree project scope, milestones, risks and priorities. Define roles and responsibilities and schedule work to meet identified business needs and benefits within time, cost and quality parameters.
- Develop in an inclusive manner all project-related approaches including Project Initiation Document, highlight reports, risk registers, formal change control processes and completion reports in accordance with project management best practice and in a manner that gains ownership and buy in from colleagues.
- Lead on co-ordinating of the work of project teams instigating appropriate action when performance deviates from plan, to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget and that interdependencies are identified and actively managed.
- Continually manage and monitor the progress of projects and associated risks providing timely and appropriate advice including associated documentation such as Highlight Reports, Lessons Learned and End Project Reports, to ensure progression and control of commissioned projects, raising significant issues to the Project Lead for resolution along with solutions and recommendations for remedial action.
- Identify key milestones and inter-dependencies across all projects to ensure efficient and effective progress, proactively monitoring detailed project work-streams through to formal closure to ensure all projects are effectively managed and delivered.
- Identify, develop and establish progressive ways of working focussed on speeding delivery and quality of outputs.
- Identify the added value of projects within the portfolio, ensuring proportionate governance and that alternative means of progression are advanced to ensure delivery of anticipated benefits.
- Provide recommendations to Head of Unit and senior management regarding optimal ways of working, identifying where new initiatives might be warranted and/or existing initiatives could be improved or ceased
- Build consensus across a large and often diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, successfully managing engagement and be an advocate for the project and for change, generating interest and buy in throughout the business
- Prioritise the overall corporate good, maintaining professional boundaries to designated work areas and constructive challenge when needed.
- Identify and embed lessons learned, taking responsibility for communicating them throughout the organisation and enabling colleagues to apply the learning gained.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in associated tools and techniques such as business process improvement and workplace reviews, to be applied as needed as defined by organisational need.
- Experience of successful project management delivery simultaneously, across a portfolio of projects.
- Experience of successfully applying project management processes and procedures within a PRINCE2 environment
- Recent and relevant experience of project initiation
- Recent experience of delivering an innovative approach to delivery and of speeding progress.
- Resource planning in a complex environment.
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills, able to form beneficial working relationships internally and externally
- Proven influencing skills and ability to assert professional expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communicator, able to engage with and present to a range of audiences and represent the organisation effectively in varied forums.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments to deliver projects successfully and to challenge and remove any unnecessary barriers to service delivery.
- A well-developed understanding of what constitutes best practice in project management
- A creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- An advocate for change with the ability to constructively overcome any resistance and bring people on board with new ways of working.
- Have practical experience in actively managing project risks.
- Able to make decisions, engage in dialogue on risk management strategy, and demonstrate a level of skill beyond simply 'managing a process'.
- A good understanding of associated business improvement tools and techniques.
If you are interested in this exciting position, then please apply or email your updated CV to
All candidates will be contacted if they are successfully shortlisted for the role
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://en-gb/candidate-privacy