In 2010, the foundations for a national IT platform were launched to facilitate communication / interoperability across for the Counter Terrorism network. The platform provides core national Counter Terrorism services including voice, video and data transfer. The user base has grown substantially since its conception and now includes non-police organisations and some business critical services.
An updated platform was delivered as part of a subsequent projects and the majority of services moved over to this updated platform however there remain provisions which must be transitioned to the updated service as stated in the Business Case.
A review of the current utilisation of legacy network has been conducted to articulate all decommissioning activities and a dedicated Project Manager and Server Engineer noted to meet this requirement.
What you will do:
The post holder, working alongside a dedicated senior server engineer will be required to plan, manage, and execute the decommissioning activities including:
- The uplift of several sites to new network services, including deployment of new end user hardware, disposal of legacy equipment, user migration, data transfer & user training.
- The migration of linked capabilities (including a risk balanced case for accreditation, deployment of new end user hardware, disposal of legacy equipment, user migration, data transfer & user training).
- The migration of non-police units (including Memorandum of Agreement for cost recovery, deployment of new end user hardware, disposal of legacy equipment, user migration, data transfer & user training).
- The decommissioning of other workstations at key sites.
- The migration of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Video Conferencing (VC) capability.
- The migration of some business applications to the upgraded network
- The decommissioning of the core infrastructure (including the reduction of Microsoft and other licensed technologies and renegotiating network contracts).
Your experience will include:
- Practical use of PRINCE2 and ITIL
- Proven experience in managing a number of technical projects
- Experience in Service Operations / Decommissioning preferential
- A Good communicator
- Team player with a structured approach
- Good understanding of ICT project delivery and acceptance processes within a complex public sector environment
- Good influencing skills. Can demonstrate working in a matrix management environment
- Proficient in MS project