Sopra Steria helps government to solve today’s big challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reimagine the way that public services are designed and delivered. We work with energy and integrity to create intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We’ve been helping government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how public services are delivered. Empowering government to make a difference to everyone, every day.
Based on current demand within the business and our focus on new opportunities on the horizon, we are looking to recruit ambitious, talented professionals to join the Programme and Project Management (PPM) Centre of Expertise.
Project Managers are at the forefront of our technology strategy, using expertise and skills to; embrace innovation, create effective teams and deliver business benefits. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements across the UK, working both independently and within programme teams.
The Day Job
The post holder will blend strong delivery, project management best practice and Agile methodology to create successful business outcomes for our customers. We are seeking an effective communicator who can engage in a persuasive and convincing manner to build credibility with clients and internal stakeholders - ideally someone with experience managing projects within the digital transformation arena.
As Project Manager, you will direct and lead projects, establishing appropriate levels of governance and controls throughout the delivery cycle. Responsibilities will also include; coaching of junior staff and providing subject matter expertise to drive continuous improvement within the PPM CoE.
- Experience in the successful delivery of projects within an Agile environment
- Promote and encourage programme and project management best practice
- Promote and implement financial management controls
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Identification of business growth opportunities
- Assists and mentors junior members of staff
- Identifies and champions project management process improvements
- Supports benefits realisation (modelling and embedding)
- Understands current and forthcoming technology solutions and trends to support business change
- Lead assignments and projects and create strong and effective relationships with customers
- Demonstrable experience in the successful delivery of projects utilising Agile methodology and tools
- Personable, pro-active, resilient and committed to effective customer engagement
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at multiple levels within an organisation
- Previous exposure in a Central Government/Local Government/Regional Government environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to work either as part of a team or as the single representative on a client site
- Ability to re-prioritise to reflect the changing project environment
- Knowledge and experience of using change management methods
- Skilled in the use of PPM methods and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally
- Experience working in a consultancy or SI organisation would be beneficial
Our clients are located across the UK therefore candidates must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.