Junior Project Manager-Structural Steel
This Structural Steel and Fabrication company are looking to enhance their team with a Junior Project Manager.
The company designs, builds and installs a wide range of structures across a multitude of sectors including the Marine, Highways, Airports, Rail and general construction sectors. Projects can include Bridges, Gantries, Steel Staircases, Railings, Fencing, Crash Barriers, Walkways, Pontoons and balconies.
Many of their clients are Tier one Contractors who use the company on the basis that they can offer a one stop shop and are specialist at what they do. .
As a Junior Project Manager you will be running a number of installation projects across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and into South London. A varied role your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following::
- Undertaking site survey’s and measuring up
- Liaising with the Fabrication Production Manager reference ongoing projects and steelwork packages
- Setting up safe Sites
- Undertaking tool box talks
- Ordering materials & plant in good time
- Managing site logistics
- Managing a team of experienced steel erectors
- Coordinating with other trades & subbies
- Keeping a detailed site diary on a daily basis
- Negotiating and Recording site variations
- Undertaking valuations
- Managing Project Budgets & maintaining project margins with support of Commercial Manager
- Recording details of any delays
- Updating project programs
- Trouble shooting on site
- Updating the QS and Ops Director on a daily basis
- Chasing up the supply chain for materials and equipment
- Writing, reviewing and amending RAMS
The successful candidate will be/have all of the following:
- Track record of managing the installation of Structural steel packages on site
- Be able to read and interpret design drawings
- Have experience of writing, amending and reviewing RAM’s
- Have experience of managing steel erection teams
- Have experience of ordering materials
- Will have kept a site diary including recording variations
- Be able to write and review RAMS
- Worked on structural steel Projects in the UK
- Be able to demonstrate experience of seeing projects through to their conclusion
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing Project Budgets
- Have a track record of dealing with principle contractors
- Valid CSCS and/or SMSTS
This is a great opportunity for someone to join an established and growing company, to work on a broad range of projects across multiple sectors. The company offers their staff training and development, and the opportunity to progress overtime.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a basic of between £40000-£50000 , Company Van/Pick Up, Pension, 22 Days Holiday, Enhanced rates for weekends and nights ( as required) and O/T opportunities.