Programme Delivery Manager – Estate Optimisation Programme
The role is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the successful delivery of the Estate Optimisation Programme and the associated project outputs through strong and effective programme management and project delivery. Reporting to the Head of Programme Management the role will be accountable to the Chair of the Estate Optimisation steering group.
The programme is intended to make best use of our best in class estate portfolio, including options to repurpose, flex, and reconfigure vacant and underutilised space to maximise patient throughput. The success of the programme is also expected to directly benefit the associated company focus on improving the customer experience and overall satisfaction.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure individual projects and the programme are managed to agreed timescales, within agreed costs and to a high-quality standard.
- Manage internal and external relationships and resources for successful delivery to agreed timescales.
- Develop and implement the programme and project plan for successful delivery.
- Work with the relevant CHP functions to:
- Identify, assess, manage and communicate risk in relation to delivery of the programme. Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to effectively mitigate the risk.
- Formulate, introduce and monitor all project related policies and procedures.
- Introduce, manage and revise as necessary information systems to regularly monitor and report the delivery of the programme.
- Lead on lessons learned and post-delivery evaluations to ensure future programmes are delivered successfully.
- Actively participate in work across all stakeholders to deliver the programme and the planned outcomes.
- Provide regular Programme and Project updates to the Estate Optimisation Steering Group and Executive Lead for the Programme. Working with the Programme Management Office produce reports for the Strategic Delivery Team and Executive Management Team as and when required.
- Provide narrative to support any variances as identified in monthly budget reports working with relevant budget holders.
- Provide evidence to support the achievement KPIs as outlined in the Business Plan
- Work with the Communications team to ensure the stakeholder management and marketing plan are aligned to the work of the steering group.
- Develop strategies and work activities to deliver the outputs of the programme, working with internal staff and members of the Steering Group to ensure the programme deliverables are achieved.
- Work across the key business workstreams and collaborate with the Customer Experience and Digital Transformation steering groups to ensure improvements in customer satisfaction through the work activities of the Estate Optimisation Group are captured and reflected in the reporting from that group.
- Play an active role in contributing to the wider SDT activities as and when required.
The postholder will be required to interact with the following groups and key individuals –
- Executive Lead
- Estate Optimisation Steering Group Chair
- Lead on Utilisation programme
- Lead on Investment Portfolio review
- Lead on Partnering & Engagement
- Property team, Investment Directors, Partnering & Engagement Team, Programme Management Office, Finance, Strategic Delivery team, Customer Experience and Digital Transformation steering groups.
At CHP we consistently work together to exceed our customers’ expectations by:
- Doing what we say we’ll do
- Looking after ourselves and others
- Investing in relationships
- Communicating openly and honestly
- Developing innovative ideas and solutions
- Always delivering an excellent service
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a genuine commitment and ability to work in this way.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a technical discipline with a minimum of five years post qualification experience.
- Applicants with a minimum of 10 years relevant senior professional experience with a demonstrable successful track record
- Experience of delivering complex projects and programmes including stakeholder negotiations and influence at a senior
- High level of business and commercial acumen with experience of providing innovative solutions to a diverse range of stakeholders within restricted financial parameters.
- Experience of managing complex client/customer relationships and the ability to influence parties to the common objectives of delivering efficient and effective solutions.
- Ability to develop a partnership approach to professional relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to interpret financial models assessing inputs, outputs and cost/benefit.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Work to the highest professional standards.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- APM/MSP/PRINCE2 practitioner.
- Experience of working within a complex estate environment with changing service models and a focus on a fully utilised estate
- Experience of digitally enabled estate techniques
- Experience of interpreting complex lease/contractual arrangements.