Brexit Project Manager - 6 months - Glasgow - Outside IR35 - £350+ per day
Our client in Glasgow is going through an exciting period of expansion and we are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to lead a key workstream within our Brexit Programme.
As a Project Manager, you will apply your skills and experience to lead the day to day delivery of the workstream at a business & regulatory change level through the full Project life cycle.
- Build successful relationships across Business and IT, across all levels to advocate, communicate, prioritise, define and deliver the programme/project.
- Provide regular status reporting
- Lead & participate on all Project meetings
- React quickly to changing demands
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Ensure project deliverables are implemented in the most timely & cost effective manner
- Chair & participate at appropriate project governance forums
- Effectively capture & manage risks associated with your workstream & in line with the clients broader risk management approach
- Escalate & resolve issues as appropriate
- Identify & develop contingency plans to mitigate & address risks, implementing change management activities where necessary
Scope & Dimensions:
The role reports to the Brexit Project Manager Lead with Matrix reporting to the GDO Senior Project Manager.
- Delivery experience of Regulatory change projects is essential with experience within the Insurance sector preferable
- Proven Project Management experience on a wide range of cross functional projects is essential (5+years
- Proven track record of delivery
- Experience implementing new processes and driving change within a large organization
- High competence of Project Management practices & use of software
- Knowledge of, qualifications and/or certifications in industry standard project and programme management methodologies such as MSP (Managing Successful Programme), PMP and Prince2.
Skills Specifically Required for this Role:
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong leadership & management skills with a drive to display ownership/proactive behaviours
- Capability to influence stakeholders at all levels, within & external to the organisation
- A collaborative approach to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong customer focus
- An analytical & creative approach to problem solving
- Strong leadership & management skills
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills