Our client is a successful construction firm who currently have an extensive workload. As a result of this success they have a requirement for a Project Design Manager to join their design team on a full time basis for a period of approximately 30 months. As project Design Manager, you will play an important role in the management and delivery of our client's complex design and build project which is based in Teeside.
This newly created site-based role offers great potential to advance your career and will play a hugely influential role in enhancing our clients Design and Build capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be both commercially and contractually aware and could perhaps come from an architectural or mechanical and electrical background.
- Contribute to the review and selection process of the consultant and sub-contractor teams, this includes agreements, fees, scope of deliverables, responsibilities, programmes etc.
- Manage the design, procurement and development process in consideration of health & safety, programme, cost, sustainability and quality requirements.
- Monitor, review, manage and report on the "buildability" of the design proposals in line with the agreed construction, consultant design programmes and cost plan.
- Manage, monitor, track and report on compliance/derogations with the employer's requirements, obtain associated approvals.
- A background in design and build disciplines,
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience,
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken),
- Knowledge of software including AutoCAD and BIM (Building Information Modelling) and competency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred,
- Experience in managing developers, designers, consultants and contractors.
In return the Project Design Manager will be offered a generous salary, along with a car and excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like the role for you, please contact Graham Ventham who will give you further details.