Project Manager - Software Development
An urgent requirement for an experienced Project Manager (Software Development) within an Agile environment, is required for a minimum 6 month contract. You must hold a current/valid SC clearance for this role.
This role has been deemed outside ir35.
- You will be responsible and accountable for end to end agile software development project delivery through professional and effective project management, ensuring project objectives and deliverables are aligned with programme benefits, appropriately reviewed, governed and signed-off.
- Maintain and monitor a project schedule that meets project deadlines, aligning with SME guidance and managing deviation with effective corrective measures, manage the boundaries of the project's scope and determining resources requirements. Setting realistically estimates and evaluate the team capabilities of on time delivery.
- Leverage agile ways of working, keeping the project team front and centre of straightforward task delivery, stimulating the project team to reach their full potential.
- Determining and communicating changing priorities to the project team, to complete tasks on-time and quality, and within agreed tolerances, track and maintain the project budget, working with PMO, finance and programme manager.
- Assure delivery in accordance with the agency's ITIL based process and ensure delivery within relevant statutory and policy obligations.
It is expected that you will hold qualifications/relevant experience in the following areas:
- Leading agile software development teams and Agile Project Management qualified
- Formal professional project management qualification(s), MSP and Prince2 (Practitioner)
- ITIL methods and Change Management
- Significant and demonstrable experience of managing agile projects across both business and IT
- Understand, articulate and leverage agile project management methods, for agile software development.
- Excellent entrepreneurial mindset, to allow to think beyond the project deliverables and enhance the resourcefulness of the wider programme and project team members
- Set the tone and direction of the project, motivating, supporting and enhancing agile project team members.
- Maintain the project big picture within the programme to keep knowledge and information flowing between the project team, programme and stakeholders
- A sound balance of technical and business knowledge as a hybrid manager, enabling effective communication between technical and business people, providing the translation for business people on technical matters.
- You MUST hold a current/valid SC clearance to apply for this role.
Please apply online with your CV.