We are Canvas, a young, dynamic and flexible workspace provider in London. We provide flexible office spaces, with all the features you need to create the right setting, as well as inclusive access to communal meeting rooms. We have a unique approach which has already started to shake up the industry.
Whilst our diverse community of clients are busy disrupting a variety of industries (including, tech, fintech, design, digital media, and more), we help to make their goals just a little bit less challenging. How? By tailoring their office space to suit their business’ needs, and by creating a customer focused experience that fosters productivity, comfort, and convenience.
With 9 fully occupied multi-tenanted sites in London, and a rapid growth trajectory, we are excited to provide the opportunity to join our tight knit team as Project Manager.
JOB PURPOSE – Project Manager
The Project Manager will work with the interim Head of Retail Estate to discover, define, design and deliver new construction and renovation projects. You will help to build the framework for different stages of the projects and manage the on-site planning and execution of projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with the interim Head of Real Estate to create a framework that will help Management make an informed decision on whether the company should go ahead with a potential project.
- Create a strategy to execute projects sub and above 6,000 sq. Ft. efficiently.
- Work with the designer to create guidelines for the technical and aesthetical requirements of Canvas.
- Create a process for the delivery of the project, and measurements for the success of the project.
- Investigate the property strategically and from all angles, gather information, reports and insights from the team at Canvas (Sales, Operation, MGMT), Freeholder, Legal Team and contractors.
- Create a business case for each new site giving Canvas a baseline for assumptions for each new site. Identify potential issues with the new site.
- Find and manage the relevant contractors in the discovery stage (M&E, Data, Structural, D&B, planning advisors) to help the PM create the business case.
- Establish the feasibility of new projects and find creative ways to enable successful project delivery while considering cash flow constraints, investment pipeline and future income.
- Work with the Head of Real Estate and the main stakeholders (Sales and Operations) to establish if a potential project, in conjunction with other planned projects and the Canvas yearly plan, should be acquired.
- Responsible for streamlining the design and tendering process, alongside the interim Head of Real Estate.
- Compile a tender package, including a detailed set of employer’s requirements, budget and timeframes to be issued to a selected group of contractors.
- Work with the Head of Real Estate to shortlist a group of contractors who will be able to deliver the project in the best, most efficient way possible and supplying them with a tender package.
- Analyse the tendering proposals and preparing a report to be presented to Management for a decision.
- Work with the selected contractor on value engineering options and resources, in order to align the project with the defined budget and timeframe.
- Manage the chosen contractor through the design process in order to achieve a finalised ‘Contractor Proposal.’
- Work with the contractor’s PM to ensure that the plan is feasible and matches the Company’s employer requirement. Ensure the project is delivered to the Canvas standard, on time and within budget.
- Find ways to minimise the costs of changes in the contract by using alternative contractors and creative solutions as and when needed.
- Inform all stakeholders in Canvas (Sales, Operations, Finance and Management) and the relevant suppliers (IT, furniture, etc.) about the program and their part in the program and keep them updated as to any changes that may affect them.
- Chair the weekly site meeting, and update company Management and the Head of Real Estate of any delay or major problem.
- Coordinate the client direct items between Canvas and the main contractor.
- Manage the valuation and verification and issuing of all contract notices in accordance with the construction contract.
- Responsible for the finalisation of the project, including ensuring all necessary built drawings, OEMs and warrantied are submitted upon completion.
- Manage the defect and snagging period post-handover along with the company Facilities team and provide consultation to the Facilities team.
- Prepare a final report upon conclusion of a project, including improvement suggestions and an overall review of the experience with the main contractor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Relevant construction/PM degree.
- Experience of working within a client-facing project management role.
- Experience of taking responsibility for the project management of the implementation of office spaces/new premises.
- Strong understanding of contractors, and the tendering process.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Experience of working to deadlines, able to work well under pressure.
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Bonuses Based on the Company’s Performances
- Pension Contribution
- Weekly Friday Drinks
- Monthly Team Activities
- Annual Company Trips
- Experience in process improvement and able to bring new ideas to improve our business.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- WHAT WE OFFER