Project Manager - Data Transformation - 6 month FTC
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
This Project Manager role within Aldermore Bank is to successfully ensure smooth set up, running and delivery of projects within the Enterprise IT portfolio. On a day-to-day basis the Project Manager will utilise best practices and procedures, alongside their good technical and business decision making skills, to ensure that the project risks & issues are managed effectively and to deliver the agreed business outcomes within time, quality and budget constraints.
We attract talent; by being fully immersed in our business, influencing and understanding our short, medium and long term aspirations. We develop our people; to ensure they fulfil their hopes and dreams, whilst continuing to meet the needs and expectations of our dynamic business.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports managers and leaders make the right decisions at difficult times.
The role of Project Manager is really important to us. You will be required to successfully ensure smooth set up and running and delivery of a Data Transformation based project within the Enterprise IT portfolio using best practices and procedures to deadlines and within budget.
Based in our dynamic Manchester you will sit amongst a wide team and report to the Head of Enterprise IT on a 6 month FTC.
What would your day look like?
- Taking full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of projects (typically significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies), ensuring risk management processes are maintained.
- Monitoring and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Ensuring that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Is able to effectively identify our exposure and risk on projects and make recommendations to senior management on appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensuring quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure. Managing the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
What do we expect of you?
- A wide range of experience within a Project Manager role working on a broad variety of projects including business change, process change and technology implementations.
- Experience of Data transformation projects; data project delivery; including data lineage, data glossaries, data quality, master data management, and single customer views
- Experience of managing end to end delivery.
- Industry experience within Financial Services or Banking.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with high level stakeholders.
· Ability to actively listen, analyse the information and challenge findings if required.
· Ambitious and driven and is accountable for their deliverables.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
A lot can happen in a year!
In 2019 Aldermore Group was formed; bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
We also celebrated our 10th Birthday and fundamentally 10 years of helping those with ideas; by saying yes to our customers. We’ve propelled entrepreneurs on their journeys; we’ve given first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we’ve opened up the lending market to many.
As for what the next 12 months has to offer; we are embarking upon the delivery of our Purpose; a Purpose that underpins our next 3 to 5 years as a growing business. Join us today and we will make the same Promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our Customers.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.