BEMS Project Manager
The redevelopment of West London's iconic Olympia Exhibition Centre in Kensington will be one of the most exciting and challenging projects in the Capital over the next few years. The project entails a complete transformation of the area providing 51,000m2 of commercial office space, two hotels, cinema, theatre, retail, leisure and public realm.
Enterprise Solutions, Laing O'Rourke's BEMS business will undertake a full ‘Turnkey' BMS installation, comprising the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the complete automatic control systems to provide control and monitoring of the mechanical engineering systems and plant installed. The BMS has been designed around the ‘Honeywell – Tridium' system with controllers installed in CE's utilising industry standard ‘open protocols' such as BACnet, Modbus, LON, webserver, XML and OPC.
- To take the project from design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and soft-landing period of the BEMS.
- Responsible for ensuring the project is delivered on time and on budget to a satisfied customer.
- Responsible for the commercial performance of the project including the preparation, submission and agreement of variations.
- Interpret and understand the scope of works and filter through to the necessary project support team.
- Overall responsibility for health and safety management on all managed projects.
- Monitor, review and report on the progress of the project, progress, delays and resourcing amendments to the customer, Operations Manager, and other support staff as necessary.
- Manage the appropriate purchase and sub-contract orders as required on the project.
- Ensure standard documents are continually used and maintained including the Schedule of Deliverables, Project Dashboard, Functional Design Specifications, Points Schedules, Panel Drawings, Technical submittals, RFI's, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of project management in the construction industry with experience in BEMS and controls systems, M&E etc.
- Experience in producing and managing a programme of works
- Significant experience working to budgets of £1m - £6m
- Experience of managing health and safety in a construction environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Valid CSCS or ECS site card
Why choose us?
- We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
- We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities for all employees.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- We offer leading company benefits that only a global business can as well as a competitive remuneration package.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.