Technical Project Manager
A Project Manager is required to join the new Operational Change Team. The Team is responsible for co-ordinating, monitoring and executing a clearly defined Change Programme that works in alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of the business. As required the team manages any emerging business requirements; either external (i.e. regulation) or internal (new business lines). Majority of current change programmes have large IT delivery component so this project manager will need to have strong technical delivery capabilities.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the Operational Change team. The team is responsible for designing and delivering the Operational Change Programme that meets the strategic objectives of the Business whilst supporting the company’s transformation into a delivery-focused organisation.
Working closely with Stakeholders across the business the PM will be responsible for:
- Day to day responsibility for the successful delivery of assigned projects, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Liaison with Programme Management, Project Team, Project Sponsor and key Stakeholders to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Understanding the project’s goals and objectives and ensuring alignment with corporate strategy. This includes ensuring that the project requirements are elicited, analysed and documented.
- Ensuring that project deliverables are aligned to business objectives and expectations
- Liaison with Technical Design Authority to ensure project deliverables adhere to strategic IT goals
- Monitoring and communication of project progress through cost and milestone management
- Identifying and managing risks and issues alongside controlling and managing changes.
- Appointing and managing the participation of internal and external resources on a day to day basis
- Assuring observance of strategies and processes within the Canopius Project Delivery Framework
- Estimating, planning management and controlling the scope, budget and timeliness of the project.
- Creation and submission of relevant status reports throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Stakeholder Management, including identifying and prioritising project stakeholders, managing stakeholders expectations
- Familiarity and assistance – as required – with other projects to meet overall project portfolio deliverables.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years work experience
- London Market/ insurance experience is preferred but not essential
- Proven experience in delivering complex and/or multiple IT projects within budget and deadline (with associated qualifications i.e. Prince2 or Agile)
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels of the business
- Robust stakeholder and supplier/3rd party management experience
- A background in projects involving the development and delivery of solutions within complex IT landscape
- Must have demonstrable experience in planning, estimating, scheduling, risk management, issue management, dependency management and project governance adherence.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to inspire
- A natural problem solver
- Exceptional organisation skills