Marioff are a world leading manufacturer, designer and installation company of a High Pressure Water Mist Fire Suppression system. Formed in 1985 and with over 35 years experience we are a world leader in this technology. As our UK business is currently experiencing a fast rate of growth, and in a bid to continuously improve, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our team, initially on a 12 month fixed term contract, with a view to becoming permanent upon successful completion of their role.
Please ensure you have completed the online test otherwise your application will be rejected.
Project Management of Marioff UK Land based Projects
Project Management of UK land based projects
- Full turnkey project management of between 2 and 3 projects.
- Manage all Project costs and timelines in line with agreed contractual budgets and time scales.
- Utilise internal POC accounting tools to forecast project costs.
- Attend client meeting.
- Plan install and workload using programme of works and Gantt chart produced by Project coordinator.
- EH&S compliance on sites.
- Act as the conduit between client and support functions within Marioff.
- Track materials, costs, progress, labour issues, communication pertaining to the project, and relay to line manager.
- Assist with commissioning of systems
- Spot audits
- Work alongside site supervisor to determine material, tooling and consumable requisitions.
- Liaise with Store man for orders and deliveries.
- Liaise with Operations Manager regarding costs.
- Ensure Site Supervisors weekly reports are replied to in a timely manner and all issues identified are addressed.
- Works with support teams to ensure drawings, documents supplied are correct and up to date.
- Utilise internal POC software to determine actual and forecasted percentage completion and discuss with the Operations Manager to determine accurate applications.
- Ensure all site paperwork is completed correctly and sent to project coordinator for filing.
- Ensuring labour levels are kept at correct level to meet the installation programme demands and liaise with People Co- coordinator to establish.
- Keeping up to date with e-mail correspondence & supplying client requested project specific documents/clarifications as installation progresses.
- Commission/Handover/carry out on-site client training in conjunction with commission engineer.
- Ensure all variations are captured and notified to Operations Manager
- Checking and signing off all time sheets to confirm work and hours undertaken.
- Monitor equipment hire to ensure off hired when not in use.
- Ensure all materials and equipment are stored in a safe and secure manner.
- All site HR issues relating to Marioff personnel and sub contractors.
Personnel - Site Supervision of all subcontractors working for Marioff and Marioff own personnel | Potential to supervise / mentor new PM’s
Technically - ensure all Site workers are up to speed and have necessary documentation for tasks i.e. CSCS, PASMA etc..
Scope of activities and decision-making - Level of Autonomy at site level in instructing personnel. External levels of authority with clients should be in line with authority matrix in place.
Customer orientation and collaboration
Internal All Marioff and internal Carrier companies should be treated like an external company
External Communication is paramount here to ensure a good working relationship, and a smooth project with minimal issues.
Expenditure - Project value in line with the contract. Any and all exceptional costs must be reported to line manager.
Sales - Close working relationship with the sales team will assist on any potential variations being captured and charged. Key role in liaising with clients and therefore sales.
Experience / skills - Minimum of 5 years PM experience. Skills should include: Communication skills, project management skills, time management, computer literate, basic financial acumen
Educational - Minimum of Higher / A level qualifications. Preferably degree qualified background in project management or similar field.
Work Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing multiple projects.
** MUST TAKE ONLINE TEST TO APPLY - NO AGENCIES - MUST HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK **
Marioff Limited is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.