Telecoms Project Manager
Infinera is looking for a Remote UK based Telecoms Project Manager. This position can be located anywhere throughout the United Kingdom working from home. There are options available for a full-time employee or contract. Telecoms experience is essential and salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The role of the EMEA Project Manager is to manage the service delivery for EF&I & Professional Services towards the Customer for multiple projects. The Project Manager will be ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of all projects under their management within the EMEA region. The Infinera EMEA customers consist of terrestrial, subsea, long haul regional carriers, and global ISPs.
- Development and implementation of a project plan for EF&I/Professional Service, maintain the Customer Action Register and the customer documentation package.
- Execution of multiple projects, on-time, on budget, following industry practices
- Validate site surveys, Nodal/Link acceptance documents & work with Systems design engineers
- Manage customer expectations on implementations, interface with customers remotely and in person, manage support partners, and implement best install practices and Quality Assurance standards.
- Create, maintain and communicate risk assessments, action registers, issues logs, daily reports, communications plan, financial records, project tracker and internal statistical reports.
- Host conference calls, present at customer meetings and create presentations.
- Manage deployment teams in the field, both technically and with a hands‐on approach – Enhance partner skills and work with Infinera partners to reduce costs and improve productivity and efficiency
Experience & Essentials:
- English (Written, oral) essential
- German (Written, oral) essential
- Budgets/business/financial knowledge – SAP experience (Desirable)
- Microsoft Project proficient – Plan creation, development and control
- Communications Skills – Reporting to VP/CEO level
- Project Planning/Managing, methodical thinking
- SDH/DWDM/Metro in-depth knowledge
- PMP certification
- Prince 2 practitioner certification (must be current)
- Agile practitioner
- 5+ years of project management experience in SDH/DWDM/Metro networks
- Educated to HND/BTEC level