Project Manager - IT
Transition Project Manager, TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP)
The overall role of the Project Manager is to successfully deliver, within budget, timeframes and to the defined quality standard, the IT component of the TRICARE Transition Program projects. In addition, the role will oversee several projects and deliverables within the TRICARE IT Department.
The position will interact with business owners, delivery teams and stakeholders to manage all aspects of the project, including; scope, milestones, deliverables, risks, mitigation activities and communications. They will also interact with co-dependent workstreams involving the technical delivery of complex operational and technical solutions as part of the 2021 TOP Contract, as well as external vendors.
- Define project charter and scope artefacts for the project.
- Develop the project artefacts to include plan, charter, scope that is accompanied by schedule with detail estimates, predecessor and successor tasks, units of work, start/end dates and accountable resources.
- Work closely with regional and global IT teams on specific streams including development, testing, and product procurement
- Capture, track and aggregate risks, issues, assumptions and co-dependencies for one or more projects.
- Define and follow-up mitigation actions to address risks and issues.
- Support the change control process by ensuring appropriate scope management is maintained working with the Product Owner and PMO.
- Relative to meeting management, chair (where appropriate), ensure appropriate documentation of action items, decisions made, and ensuring effective follow up.
- Capture lessons learned and make recommendations for improvements and to ensure they are incorporated into the relevant process areas.
- Coordinate information flows for the project with business owners, stakeholders, information technology and vendors, where appropriate.
- Leverage the Share point repository as a knowledgebase for the project and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Work directly with other PMs to manage project tasks, interdependencies and deliverables to meet overall deadlines of the program
- Assist with procurement processes, including the administrative management of Request for Proposal (RFP) activities related to the project.
- Work with relevant subject matter experts to propose recommendations for improvements and/or process changes.
- Provide appropriate project reporting to the Program Manager.
- PMP certification and MS Project Certification, strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in business, computer science or similar field a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex operational or technical projects.
- Strong project/program management experience with strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Leveraging agile development methodology with experience as both project manager and scrum master
- Proven success managing multiple projects concurrently with strong ability to assess risks and provide contingency/mitigation plans, where applicable.
- Proven ability to build relationships with key partners and stakeholders within a highly matrixed enterprise team.
- Demonstrable ability to manage complex, interdependent projects involving many stakeholders and close collaboration between business and technology teams.
- Strong business analyst skills, specifically with business and functional requirements development.
- Working knowledge of development, testing, user acceptance, and implementation processes
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency with project management tools, including Jira, Mulesoft Confluence, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, Power Point, and Excel.
- 10% travel, or as projects dictate to partner with key stakeholders, and clients.
- Flexible schedule to support global project meetings.
Diversity & Collaboration
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves.
At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to a flexible working environment, diversity, and development.
We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an environment of inclusion and equal support.
Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
International SOS has been recognised as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employer’s Institute (TEI) for 2020