Junior Technical Project Manager
MarcoPolo is reinventing early learning children's media for a new generation. The company is a top global publisher of award-winning educational games and videos for children age 3-7. We inspire children to become explorers and life-long learners. We make STEAM learning an adventure, filled with the thrills and joys of discovery, for early learners, parents and educators.
Apps include our flagship subscription-based app, Emmy-nominated MarcoPolo World School, and a suite of free-to-play apps (Weather, Arctic, Recall and Ocean). MarcoPolo also produces award-winning content for broadcast. Our TV series, The Polos, is broadcast worldwide, including Discovery Family (USA), NatGeo (LatAm), YouKu (China) and Nickelodeon (India).
We are looking for a highly motivated Junior Technical Project Manager to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years experience working in a support role helping to manage complex web and mobile app (iOS and Android) projects in a fast-moving environment. Ideal experience includes: participating in an agile / SCRUM project management structure; owning tasks/tickets in a project management tool such as Asana; capturing scope and acceptance criteria; participating in stand-ups to communicate progress, blockers and requirements; and ideally working on projects for the education market.
The right candidate will be a start-up ready team player, willing to push the bar to achieve ambitious targets and not afraid to face new challenges. He/she will work closely with the Product Owner and the Head of IT in a central project management role, helping to ensure that deadlines, scope and quality standards are met, on time and on budget.
MarcoPolo is entering a new phase of growth, and this is a unique opportunity to join a proven and maturing business and technology team, as a key member of the product team.
Key Skills (must have):
- Experience of strategic planning, project scheduling and project lifecycle management
- Experience of agile processes, SCRUM management and agile software
- Experience of lean project methodologies, such as Kanban
- Experience of setting and tracking acceptance and performance criteria
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Experience of stakeholder management and collaboration across teams
- A problem-solving, analytical mindset and strong decision-making capabilities
- University degree evidencing general aptitude
Nice to have:
- Experience in early learning education or children’s products or services would be a real bonus
- Experience of launching B2C or B2B2C digital products and services in a similar role
- Experience of project risk assessment and confidence in escalation to senior stakeholders
- SCRUM or similar qualifications
Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits/incentives to be discussed.
We want to recruit the best talent for the next phase of company growth. MarcoPolo Learning is based in London, New York and Shanghai. We anticipate this role will be based from the UK.