5 days left
- Full Time
Airband, a well-established innovative family established Internet Service Provider is expanding! We have secured several £multi-million projects and are continuing to acquire more.
We are looking for a permanent project manager to support the implementation of our new high profile expansion projects in Devon.
You will utilise your excellent project management skills and experience to successfully liaise with the procuring authority ensuring the project runs to time and to budget.
Strong communication skills are essential and previous experience of engaging with local authorities / councils would be advantageous.
You will be expected to manage the stakeholder and supplier relationships, lead a small project team and further develop the organisations project management capability.
As such a demonstrable track record of working within a recognised formal PPM methodology is required as well is experience rolling out FTTP.
As a family run business that has been operating for over 10 years, you will be offered a competitive salary, performance bonus, car allowance, laptop, phone, pension and a great environment to work in.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties / vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties / vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assist with bid writing for the acquisition of new projects
- Management of the project team
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of telecommunications. Fibre technology knowledge is desirable.
- Proven working experience as a project manager
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
The job will be based in our offices in Willand, Devon with the flexibility of also working from home but the candidate will be required to travel throughout Devon where needed.