General Project Manager Outside Plant
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides an array of “gigabit to the home” solutions to deliver data access to our communication service provider (CSP) customers. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
The General Project Manager will be the main interface for the customer and will lead the project during the project ramp-up phase once awarded and during execution. During these phases a clear view needs to be given regarding resources, processes, subcontracting companies and time schedules.
Therefore, the General Project Manager Outside Plant is a highly skilled professional with extensive project management experience in FTTx programs and is responsible for successfully planning and executing complex customer contracts on time, on scope, on budget improving profitability, ensuring quality execution and customer satisfaction.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Is the end-to-end responsible leader for the delivery of the complete project. Provides leadership and guidance to all involved groups for Outside Plant activities.
- Organizes project meetings, reviews and updates.
- Manages the project at the strategic level and is the main interface for the customer and for executive management inside NOKIA.
- Manages resources and overseeing finances to ensure that the project progresses on times and on budget.
- Analyzes the Project Contract, confirms scope, contractual issues and validates risk assumptions.
- Builds a plan for different sub projects ordered by the customer in line with their expectations and with guidelines of the contract.
- Develops customer relationship, understands customer environment, determines customer interfaces and identifies responsibilities.
- Establishes the project’s structure including the project management organization.
- Obtains progress reports from Installation Roll-outs on weekly basis and updates the customer accordingly.
- Establishes & Implements the Project Management Plan (PMP).
- Approves processes and procedures.
- Organizes the set-up of the project team and assigns project roles & responsibilities to individuals.
- Manage the project’s risks including contingency plans and risk mitigation.
- Supervises and validates the subcontractors´ selection for the realization of the project.
- Defines and controls the project’s key indicators (schedule, Cost control, quality).
- Leads regular status update calls
- Customer Focused
- Manage Execution
- Financial skills
- Ability to combine long term planning with detailed focus
- Fosters Open Communication in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills
- Fluent in German language
- High level of English language
- 5+ years of FTTH project management and Outside Plant Construction projects
- Demanding project/program execution with proven results
- Experience in Subcontractor Management
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.