Project Manager, Real Estate and Facility Operations
Wayfair is looking for a highly engaged, strategically-minded project manager for our Community Experience Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving operational excellence by spearheading projects to reduce costs, promote consistency and standardization and improve operational processes for our Boston headquarters and North American field sites.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, analytical and enjoys pushing the status quo to improve operational performance. This is a great opportunity to flex your collaborative and entrepreneurial skills to provide financial visibility and guidance to make better strategic and operational decisions for the business. If you love creating process improvement, enjoy managing complex projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment this is the role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Project manage scoping, vetting and management of new operational initiatives.
- Represent Wayfair on projects acting as a point of contact for vendor and subcontractor partnerships.
- Partner with legal and procurement counterparts to negotiate contracts.
- Leverage data and collaborate with site leadership to develop and implement initiatives to drive cost savings, enhance enhanced employee experience and improve operational efficiencies.
- Work with site management to establish high service standards and lean strategies, develop and track KPIs and manage to efficient, yet high levels of service.
- Develop a robust reporting process to thoughtfully forecast and manage operational expenditures.
- Partner with Employee Tech to develop programs that enhance operational performance. .
- Create Building Condition Assessments for Real Estate portfolio and create timelines for upcoming Capex improvements needed.
- Own utility program. Explore energy savings and rebate opportunities.
- Own OSHA certification and compliance.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of enhancing processes, tools, reporting, metrics, and driving results.
- Ability to drive complex projects to from inception to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership deadlines.
- Demonstrated strategic, creative and critical thinking skills. Ability to break down complex business problems into discrete analyses and use data to make informed business recommendations.
- Ability to build strong relationships, working productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, superb attention to detail, ability to prioritize, roll-up sleeves, dig in and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in business and data analytics; Excel experience required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home.
Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-taker