Project Manager Civils
My client is currently looking for an experience Project Manager (Civils) for a contract based in Harwell with the opportunity to work from home.
1) Civil Engineer. Chartered or Incorporated preferred.
2) At least 5 -10 years nuclear site experience in nuclear facility operations, safety case modifications, civil engineering assessments, and plant modifications.
Security Clearance: Must have SC currently
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project.
• Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
• Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
• Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
• Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
• Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
• Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
• Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
• Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
• Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business. Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
• Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.