Technical Project Manager
This is a high-profile role, placing you at the forefront of our clients innovative work in the medical space. Our client have recently been involved in successful development projects including the rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, surgical robotics, and a next generation radiotherapy system.
Our client are looking for a high achiever to inspire both our internal team and our clients. The successful candidate is expected over time to develop into a capability leadership role with significant technical content where much of the satisfaction will arise from not only building the team but also its capability regarding skill set, revenue generation and headcount.
• Strong technical leadership and project management of our projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality
• Interaction with our clients to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Contribute to our sales effort by supporting our business development team by presenting our software capabilities in sales meetings and writing project proposals
• Significant software architecture design contribution to our projects
• Drive robust software development processes, and architectures to achieve successful project outcomes
• The excitement of a variety of projects in the medical space. There will be occasions where you will also be able to apply your technical management skills on industrial and consumer sectors that will give you the opportunity to achieve your personal goals and career progression
• The satisfaction of developing initial ideas into real tangible game changing products in short time scales
• The opportunity to significantly contribute to ground-breaking projects for our clients where you will work with cutting-edge technologies
You will have:
• Successfully technically project managed a number of medium to large sized opportunities of a CE marked or FDA approved software.
• Significant experience of the software product development lifecycle, from concept through to deployment and following IEC62304
• Proven experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Proficient development skills in architecting software solutions for the Cloud, IoT and PC applications. An understanding of analogue & digital circuit design including System/ Microcontroller / Microprocessor interfacing is a benefit.
• Software design coding expertise is essential (15+ years).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Our client are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Medical Software Technical Project Manager to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be leading a team of high performing software engineers and working alongside with electronics designers and systems engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will make a solid technical contribution leading the development of complex software products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and ability to apply technology in new real word situations.