Senior Project Manager
Are you a Senior Project Manager looking to work on building projects that can change the world, projects that are always more complex and innovative than the last?
If so, we are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Edinburgh based team to work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions.
AECOM plays a critical role in the conceptualisation and creation of amazing spaces, delivering projects and buildings that define skylines and communities. AECOM Buildings & Places is made up of dedicated teams delivering projects in Commercial, Residential, Hospitality, Sports Venues, Work Places, Education, Government and Healthcare.
We are friendly, busy and motivated with an established track record of successfully delivering local and overseas projects. Some of our flagship work in recent years include;
Palace of Westminster, Southbank Place, Arctic Science centres, The Bank of England, BBC Broadcasting house, The Titanic building in Belfast and the St Pancras Chambers Hotel in London to name but a few.
About Our Team:
Our team of enthusiastic and ambitious Project Managers have an established reputation for providing high quality project management services across a wide range of public and private sector building and infrastructure projects. As our client’s trusted advisors, we bring exceptional leadership which is proven to deliver successful projects. We place great emphasis on understanding our client's needs and objectives and this systematic approach to delivery of service and commitment to customer care delivers excellent standards of service. We collaborate and bring world class knowledge and experience to local delivery ensuring we plan, execute and close projects consistently.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be expected to work with a Project Director to successfully manage and deliver capital investment projects. This role involves providing client-side project management support during all stages of the project delivery lifecycle from option studies, option development, construction tender support through to NEC contract administration and Takeover.
• Client-side project management, including stakeholder, schedule and contract management
• Be the primary interface with AECOM clients (new and existing)
• Develop strong collaborative relationships with clients, stakeholders and members of the
• multi-disciplinary project team
• Lead in the delivery of Project Management commissions, taking responsibility for their successful outcome
• Manage the efficient delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
• Oversee the co-ordination and sign-off of all management information produced by the project management team prior to issue
• Provide line management and mentoring to all staff members reporting to you and ensure that they have current and relevant training
• Participate in business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross-selling opportunities, ensuring that these are identified and acted upon
• Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations
• Security Clearance to SC level will be required and can be sponsored by AECOM if not currently held – subject to the candidate meeting the necessary criteria
• Good working knowledge of NEC3 / NEC4 contracts or similar, and commercial awareness
• Collaborative management skills
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Specific industry and project experience – defence
• Valid UK driving licence
• Professional Qualified – ideally Project Management/ Engineering /Construction /Quantity Surveying Degree
• Chartered Status with the ICE, RICS, CIOB, RIBA or other equivalent institution
• APM affiliation preferred (as secondary accreditation)
• NEC3 / NEC4 Accredited PM preferred
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.