5 days left
- Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join the Thiess team at our Mt Arthur Project.
As the Project Manager you will be directly responsible for the performance of this large open cut mining project, providing strategic leadership and direction to your management team and project workforce.
Setting a compelling vision and leading the safety, culture and performance of the maintenance, mining operations, technical services and commercial teams will be a key to your success in this position.
Some of your key responsibilities will include :
- Creating an empowered and high performing team-culture that delivers outstanding performance and achieves targeted project outcomes.
- Working closely with the client to ensure the successful delivery of all contractual requirements.
- A strong focus on growing the project in a sustainable and systematic manner while developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and the client.
- Ensuring progress is maintained against the mine plan, schedules and budgeted expenditure.
- Achieving or exceeding project turnover and profit.
- Taking an innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate a willingness to try different solutions.
You will have a wealth of senior management experience and a proven ability to lead and inspire your people to achieve outstanding safety and financial results.
You will have expertise in the management of legislative compliance and sustaining a high standard of proactive safety management.
Working closely with your management team to drive a high-performance culture, you will create a work environment that will foster the development of your people.
Having a sharp commercial mind and the ability to take on multiple challenges, you will have a demonstrated record of achieving results.
Your passion for excellence and continuous improvement will see you work closely with others at all organisational levels in achieving commercially sustainable results and driving project performance in both production and safety.
- The following will be highly regarded;
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, business or another relevant field
- Relevant statutory qualifications
- Experience in any BI methodology (Lean, Six Sigma etc)