A well- established Mechanical and Electrical subcontractor are looking to appoint a Mechanical Project Manager to join their Operational team on a permanent basis. The company specialise in Domestic and Commercial installation projects up to 2m
You will be responsible to managing multiple projects, managing both on site labour and subcontractors to ensure works are completed safely and in a timely manner
- Management of Mechanical installation projects, up to the value of £2.0m.
- Coordinating installation programme with main contractor and day to day contact.
- Project planning, including preparation of contract installation programmes, RAMs and disseminating this information to site teams.
- To carry out regular site visits to identify of potential commercial and safety risks i.e. works falling outside contractor's proposals, health and safety issues etc.
- Control of and compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- Commercial management of projects including value engineering and preparation of profit and loss reports to be presented at management meetings.
- Negotiation with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure quality labour and supplies are procured for the best possible price.
- Prepare monthly project valuations, including any variations, to enable commercial team to invoice for works completed.
- Prepare and issue of weekly job reports, as well as providing regular verbal updates to client
- Develop positive working relationships with client and promote customer retention
- Carry out project handovers and preparation of handover documentation.
- To act in a professional manner and treat all persons and companies with whom they interact with decency.
- Attend all team meetings and as necessary suggest service and protocol developments.
- Good working knowledge of building mechanical systems and their installation. Particularly air and water systems and services
- Demonstrable experience of good time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience of working on multi discipline sites
- Ability to use own initiative and problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- High-level of attention to detail