Specification Sales & Projects Director
An entrepreneurial and cash generative organisation, our client is a business synonymous with the best in the industry. A market innovator and leader, they supply a range of products across multiple brands and channels and this dynamic organisation has a reputation for product excellence and vision, together with an absolute commitment to the customer.
Ambitious with tremendous opportunities to now exploit, these are exciting times for the organisation. They have a clear strategic plan, are highly regarded in the industry and are investing heavily in new products, design and technologies aimed to penetrate markets and enhance profitability. As such, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Specification Sales & Projects Director to this exciting position who will lead full commercial activities for a business unit focusing on end to end project management initiatives from design to installation within residential/commercial buildings.
- This is a substantial leadership role where the incumbent must be able to deliver a high-performance agenda, raise the bar and drive the business to maximise its true potential.
- Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will have full P&L accountability for running a significant business unit focused on the delivery of specified products into building projects and will be responsible for leading the top-level commercial strategy for the business, whilst formulating and executing the business unit annual plan.
- You will be responsible through your team for all commercial, specification sales and project management activities in order to drive portfolio innovation, revenue management and strengthen brand image.
- You will manage an internal and external Specification and Projects team, where you must be able to lead significant project management activities and contract delivery and fulfilment within a highly commercial environment at a time of major change.
- Based either from home or the organisation’s offices in the South, your remit will be to bring new impetus and a fresh approach to the specification, sales and project management discipline. As such, you will build a high-performance organisation, ensuring the delivery of critical projects within the building products/construction industry.
- You will review and constantly re-align the function in line with market demands, ensuring the business can respond to a number of market opportunities.
- Through the implementation of an appropriate specification sales strategy, you will lead all projects through the project and brand lifecycle, managing risk and ensuring that all costs, quality and timing objectives are met and ideally surpassed and enabling the business to be seen as a full end to end project solution provider.
- Full project and life cycle management of a product and brand portfolio from concept to delivery in order to achieve/exceed growth and profitability targets. The brief will therefore involve all elements of the project lifecycle from concept/investigation, business case through to business delivery.
- Financial control including the establishment of appropriate systems and accountabilities for financial targets, budgets, cashflow, investment and ensure variances are minimised.
- Identify sales specification and project complexity and liaise with all stakeholders, ensuring plans remain current whilst establishing a winning culture.
- This is without doubt a substantial change management role critical to business success and therefore demands an exceptional individual who enjoys a growth agenda, a substantial challenge and autonomy in a highly visible role.
- You will have extensive commercial, specification sales and project management expertise where you will have a deep understanding of margin management, project delivery and channel/ strategy development.
- You will have a highly consistent track record in the delivery of best in class cradle to grave project and product management activities, where brand and desirability is at the forefront of the customer journey.
- Your background will have been gained working in a dynamic customer centric environment within a manufacturer or supplier, where you will ideally have knowledge of a supply chain including specification/architects/contractors/developers/merchants. As such, you are likely to have experience working in a number of best practice industries including; flooring, lighting, CCTV, kitchens/bathrooms, access control, windows, doors, HVAC etc.
- Self-disciplined and highly results orientated, you will be the type who can cajole and influence those around you and will have a convincing style to drive sustainable change.
- A dynamic self-starter, commercial and empowering, you will understand the levels to drive performance through your team and relish the opportunity to advance your career in an organisation poised for growth.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details.
Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/307 to; email@example.com
Apply for Specification Sales & Projects Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly