An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Solero, Cornetto and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking 2 Project Managers (Engineering) to be based at their manufacturing facility in Gloucester. This is a full-time contract for 12 months, which could be extended. The role is paying between £500 and £700 per day depending on experience.
Due to the urgent nature of the role, we cannot consider candidates who cannot start in the first 2 weeks of Jan 2021.
Unilever Gloucester is looking to recruit a Project Manager to Project Manage high profile project on our Ben & Jerry's lines. The project involves managing a cross functional team through the design to implementation of temperature-controlled production environment, an automated cold store, and additional process equipment to increase our Ben & Jerry's product range.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Project Managing the design and implementation of the project. This will include leading a cross-functional team from engineering, operations, planning, R&D, procurement, engineering, HR, SHE, quality and various 3rd parties.
- Co-ordinate and lead a cross-functional team from inside and outside of Unilever towards agreed budget, savings, timing and quality objectives.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within a sharply defined scope and that resources are allocated to delivery within this.
- Highlight resource requirements and escalate gaps to PMO.
- Apply rigorous change management procedures to ensure scope is controlled.
- Chair weekly cross-functional meetings to update stakeholders on progress, risks, next steps and required support.
- Develop and update the detailed project plan.
- Hold key stakeholders and project members accountable for delivery.
- Drive the project through the Unilever EEM framework to ensure a rigorous implementation process.
Subject to performance and your ambitions, there will be a further potential opportunity post-implementation to become line manager for the installation.
- Prior project management experience of a large supply chain project
- A minimum of ten years' experience in supply chain
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong communication skills across a variety of mediums and with Senior stakeholders
- Qualified to degree standard in engineering discipline or equivalent in experience
- Proven background in implementation of infrastructure/civil/manufacturing related projects
- Fully operational in project management
- The candidate would preferably have Cold Store Installation/ FMCG/ dairy/food/Brewing environments