IT Project Manager
Are you an experienced project manager, passionate about the application of IT, ensuring technology is used to create business value? Do you have great interpersonal skills and an ability to influence outcomes? Are you skilled at shaping diverse resources into a successful delivery team? Then we would like to hear from you.
The Office for Students (OfS) is the independent regulator for higher education in England, formed in 2018 with a mission to make certain that all students, whatever their background, have a fulfilling experience of higher education that enriches their lives and careers.
Our IT department is dynamic. It`s fast-paced, busy, and consistently challenging. We are a key partner in the organisation. So, if you`re looking for an exciting role in an interesting, friendly place, then feel free to apply and tell us why we should work together.
The project manager will play a key role in delivering IT solutions for the future Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) scheme. The TEF is a high-profile initiative, intended to have widespread influence across the higher education sector to improve the quality of teaching, learning and student outcomes.
The next iteration of TEF will be supported by a refreshed set of IT systems to manage the assessment and outcomes publication processes. The IT project manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects within the programme for systems to support processes from recruitment of assessors to publication of awards.
Working with technical and business-oriented staff in the organisation and with external stakeholders your key responsibilities will include:
- Building a successful team to deliver TEF systems
- Managing and monitoring relationships with key stakeholders
- Maintaining schedules for activities aligned to project delivery
- Project monitoring reporting and tracking within core project delivery lifecycle
- Continuous planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurement, contingency planning, and road mapping
- Tracking actual costs, accruals and committed costs to aid planning decisions
- Developing resource management plans and managing resources including commitment acceptance and monitor progress against plans
- Managing, mitigating, and tracking risks to ensure successful outcomes
We see diversity as key. Having a breadth of cultures and heritages in our business brings about an inspiring and inclusive environment - so we warmly welcome talent from all backgrounds. We`re also very proud to be a Disability Confident employer, meaning we`ll provide a fully accessible recruitment process for qualifying disabled applicants.
We provide our staff with a comprehensive staff development programme, 25 days` annual leave, and the opportunity to join a valuable salary based Civil Service pension scheme.
During the current COVID-19 situation, to reflect government advice, interviews may be held via video link. If you are shortlisted, we will work with you to ensure you are given the opportunity to attend interview in the most appropriate way.