Technology Development Project Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
This role represents an incredible opportunity to join an award-winning team and to be involved in one of the most exciting technology projects in the UK. The team is fast-growing, agile, and dynamic, enabling them to tackle the challenge of a lifetime and you will play a key part in helping to revolutionise the world’s approach to energy production
- Generate deliverables-based, integrated plans (timing and resource) to set timelines for the successful delivery of project objectives to quality, time and cost targets. Collaborate with technical leader to set milestones in the plan to track progress.
- Ensure project documentation is established according to the Project and Programme Management processes (eg requirements, project plans, finances, system FMEAs, design release approvals, risk register, change management documentation)
- Co-ordinate commercial negotiations to ensure facilities and suppliers are secured to support project requirements.
- Lead and dictate daily team workload reviews and weekly supplier meetings. Document and distribute key notes and actions.
- With the technical leader, proactively lead the project team to successfully deliver project objectives and deliverables
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of project activities
- Collaborate with Quality Manager and the Programme Management team to ensure Project and Programme Management processes are aligned to the Quality Operating System
- Lead preparation, submission and presentation of project status reports and project gateway documentation
- Identify project risks and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure suitable mitigation plans are in place and coordinate business discussions to resolve any time, cost or specification changes where necessary
- Engineering Degree
- Ideally APM qualified (to PFQ or PMQ level) or equivalent
- Experience in delivering complex technology projects
- Experience in managing multiple projects utilising the same resources in relation to timing, cost and priority limitations
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project and/or Agile programme management tools
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design and/or software development processes
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Able to interpret highly technical situations/issues and translate them into a communication suitable for all levels of the business
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Well-structured planning and resourcing for budget setting and management