Infrastructure Project Manager
- Full Time
The role will be based at the Northampton HQ and you must be prepared to travel into the office as and when required, the role will be full time working from home during COVID, but this will change when it is safe to do so but will still include a WFH approach.
- Can you evidence working in Financial Services or a similar environment or sector (Regulated sector, Insurance, Fintech)?
- Do you have 5 plus years IT Project Management or Infrastructure Project Management Delivery – this must be end-to-end delivery?
- Do you have strong influencing skills, senior stakeholder management experience?
- Can you demonstrate where you have driven projects through to completion, overcoming challenges?
Reporting to the Infrastructure Programme Manager, the Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for ensuring assigned infrastructure projects and general IT delivery is delivered to time, budget, and quality.
You will utilise the skills and experience of the wider IT team together with relevant third parties to deliver small, medium, and large IT projects from estimation to completion, to maintain the supportability of the company’s infrastructure estate.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall accountability for the delivery of projects assigned – these can be small, medium or large.
- Plan each project to a detailed level allowing for potential impacts to be identified at the earliest stage and remediated before impacting on overall progress.
- Ensure project dependencies are aligned with the business.
- Understand the technical detail of the project, communicating to technical resources to coordinate technology groups to deliver specified requirements.
- Building strong relationships across cross-functional teams is key, as is the ability to influence and communicate the programme’s vision, ultimately achieving buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Matrix Management of Project Teams including the co-ordination of activities with Clients and other 3rd parties.
- Successful management of multiple projects in various stages of their delivery life cycles.
- Creation and maintenance of relevant project documentation based on business requirements / planned programme activity.
- Responsible for developing and agreeing project scope with stakeholders.
- Responsible for obtaining project approvals and finance sign off from our clients, presenting the projects for approval at senior cross client meetings, clearly defining the business benefits.
- Working closely with the relevant functional teams across the technical and support aspects, ensuring governance gates are met and finances are tracked effectively.
- Ensuring projects are embedded successfully into business as usual (BAU) and that all company processes are adhered to, achieving business sign-off.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must come from an IT oriented Project Manager background, having experience with both software and hardware projects.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent reporting and communicating skills and able to influence at all levels.
- Experience in data extraction and hardware systems.
- Must have a solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in Infrastructure projects.
- Some experience in software development and web technologies would be preferred
- Stakeholder management experience is essential.
- Experience in VISIO and MS PROJECT is beneficial.