IT Project Manager
A very exciting opportunity is available with a market leading company within their sector and currently a FTSE 100 company. With this they are in the middle of a complete restructure and new build of a PMO function. Having just recruited the new Head Of PMO, the first task is to hire several new Project Managers to the team on a permanent basis. At present they have over 240 live projects, so this role is not only an exciting one, but it will also be a busy one.
Reporting to the Head of PMO you will be responsible for the effective planning, execution, and delivery of multiple projects in line with the defined project governance standards and the agreed project Initiation / Identification documents (PID).
You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate funding has been secured to cover all internal IT, Operational Delivery, Testing and 3rd Party Vendors contractor costs and that the appropriate levels of approval have been reached prior to commencing any work.
In partnership with the head of PMO you will be responsible for creating and owning a full project plan (MSP) and will be expected to report progress against key project milestones, budget forecasts and RAID Audit and Risk logs ( Prince2 project reporting standards).
The Project Manager in partnership with the Head of PMO will also be responsible for agreeing the business prioritization and delivery timelines with the key business stakeholder’s, IT deliver teams and all 3rd party contractors and vendors and will be expected to report upon progress at the regular project steering committee meetings held with the project sponsor.
· ITIL, PRINCE 2, AGILE SAFE certifications would be a major plus
Project Managers are also responsible for:
- Creating a recognizable end to end Project Delivery plans including customer journey.
- Maintaining strict cost / budget controls.
- Identifying and securing project delivery operational ownership and testing resources.
- Day to day management of project team members and their activities
- To liaise with business unit owners, third-party vendors and technical contractors and consultants to deliver the project in line with the published plan and within budget.
- Maintaining regular Change Logs and to present all changes to original scope and costs at the steering committee for approval.
- Responsible for defining the project deliverables in line with the business objectives and ensure project status reports and RAID and Action logs are regularly maintained.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Project Management Lifecycle & Governance
- Responsible for both Business and IT / IS project delivery and reporting.
- Responsible for Introducing project management best practice (Prince 2) across the group
- Responsible for ensuring 3rd party projects are maintained to the agreed MTS standards
- Responsible for regular progress reporting and prioritization
- Responsible for project cost management in line with agreed project budget
· Define project scope, goals and deliverables.
· Define project plan and communication requirements.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to all stakeholders.
· Liaise with project stakeholders throughout the project (internal and external).
· Where necessary negotiate with other departments for the acquisition of required personnel from the company.
· Manage project delivery in line with resource and cost constraints.
· Delegate responsibility to the appropriate personnel.
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
· Track project milestones and deliverables.
· Help define test and release plans.
· Prepare the test environment and coordinate with suppliers to resolve any issues.
· Manage the seamless change into the live environment.
· Conduct lessons learned reviews to identify improvement opportunities.
· Liaise with 3rd party providers, where necessary, over operational issues.
· Assist with other IT support responsibilities where necessary.
· Limit the use of consumables and ensure the effective ordering of stationary / stock requirements.
· Complete all work as quickly and efficiently as possible.
· Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately as per company requirements.
· Ensure that company policy and procedures are adhered to.
§ Ensure the appropriate responses are made in a timely fashion to requests.
§ Carry out any reasonable request / tasks as deemed necessary by your line manager.
§ Read, understand and action all points in the employee handbook as they become relevant.
§ Inform the manager immediately of anything suspicious, unusual, or contradictory to the proper running of the office.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures are followed to enable compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the aspects of responsibility under the control of this role.
- Support of internal and external audit activities as required.
· Make sure all information is accurately communicated to the customer / stakeholder.
- Ensure customers / stakeholders are dealt with in a manner that portrays a professional image.
· Communicate in a civil and effective manner with colleagues, customers and management.
· Act in a responsible and professional manner at all times.
· Respect other team members and assist when required.
· Inform the management team of any training requirements needed to fulfill your role.
· Ensure a high standard of personal presentation including wearing correct company uniform at all times.
· To be an active team player committed to achieving success.