IT Project Support
Our client is looking for an IT Project Support to join their team based at EIT Office in Crayford, Kent.
The ideal candidate will be expected to support out of hours calls on a rota with other team members. Support hours are 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting customers and colleagues with project support queries relating to internal IT issues or product support / delivery for our customers. This is a junior role and has great potential in a vibrant environment to move up. You will continue to add to a dynamic knowledge base of technical solutions, to ensure that the customer's and organisation's IT infrastructure are as efficient and productive as possible.
- Assist and direct staff and / or customers where support tickets are raised
- Support projects team with customer IT projects, including preparing IT equipment, EPOS and other scripted functions, to prepare equipment for live customer projects for our blue-chip client base
- Identify and implement, where requested by management, any necessary technological advances for enhancing business products and services
- Maintain and update existing products and services and provide documentation to support and educate employees and customers in said use where applicable
- Support and maintain software and hardware used in the organisation's day-to-day operations and services
- Provide an excellent level of service to our customers, being professional and courteous at all times
In addition to the above there may be other duties to carry out in relation to business/customer operational needs as and when required by your line manager to include supporting the warehouse and projects team at busy times and when the helpdesk is not busy. The role will require you to provide excellent levels of service to both internal staff and external customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be considered Technical trouble-shooter or, 'Go-To' person in the event of requirement for first line technical support customer issues fully supported by your colleagues
- Be nominated support for all matters pertaining to IP Protect Lite, WiFi, Loyalty and Chip & PIN solutions within our customer base
- Respond in an organised, timely manner to all support issues received inbound across customer base customers and / or Sales Consultants, and be able to perform technical and non-technical system maintenance to support a user or the team, i.e. password resets, running reports, Firewall Management, rule setting, managing authorised devices and responding to alerts regarding unauthorised devices on the network etc.) - All training provided and internal support of your role
- Ensure support tickets are responded to and resolved within internal and customer set SLAs where applicable
- To carry out remote installs and telephone support while customers self-install
- Read manuals, periodicals, release updates and technical reports to learn ways to further respond to issues and questions in respect of all systems and network(s)
- Provide Technical Pre-Sales Support to Sales, as and when required
- Provide 'Out Of Hours' support as and when required and agreed with your line manager
- High school education or higher education preferred or, and some helpdesk / project support experience
- Demonstrates a desire and aptitude to learn new skills and work on automated systems
- Self-motivated, confident and hard-working individual
- Strong organisational ability and time management skills
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with both IT Professionals and customers alike and have the ability to adapt communication based on the audience's technical or non-technical ability
- Possesses an ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fluid, fast-paced environment.
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, yet bring closure to all in a timely manner, as and when required
- Good verbal & written communications and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills-the ability to logically and systematically identify and resolve issues
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation and procedures
- Broad knowledge of common software packages including all Microsoft Office products:
- Possesses at least intermediate MS Excel skills
- Must have a good knowledge of W