Project Manager (Group Real Estate) - 24 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our Group Real Estate team is currently recruiting for a Project Manager who will be responsible for the the end to end management of small to medium projects.
You'll have significant project management and delivery experience in property and construction industry and proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
We offer flexible working, however there will be a requirement to be in the office two to three days per week.
What you'll be doing:
- Clearly and thoroughly identify the scope of the project(s) by working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope and ensuring all project resources understand the scope as well as how it will affect other projects within the portfolio
- Working with the team, you'll identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope and fully understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders, as appropriate, to create a valid plan; be able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded
- Obtain approval of the plan through effective communication skills, ensuring thorough understanding of the plan, its implications on revenues, delivery dates, resources, and deliverables
- Ensure a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource requirements and make sure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, logistical costs, legal fees) so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable
- You'll identify resourcing requirements and secure appropriate resources in line with the project plan and direct and motivate the project team(s) to achieve the desired results, using matrix management where appropriate, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project
- You'll have day-to-day management of the project including managing the project(s) time, cost and quality activities, in line with LGI project frameworks and tools, producing reports in line with the defined governance requirements and ensuring thorough risk and issue management across the project(s), instigate mitigation actions, identify contingency plans and manage items through to conclusion
- Where appropriate, you'll deliver successful outcomes ensuring adoption and embedding of change in the business through successful engagement of the BAU functions to establish any infrastructure and/or processes that need to be delivered to support project outcomes and ensure a smooth hand-over to the BAU teams, and any other supporting functions identified
- You'll manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures, including Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area
What we're looking for:
- You'll have significant project management and delivery experience in property and construction industry
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Successful experience of translating analysis into practical implementation
- Experience in facilitation and running workshops
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.