Graduate Project Managers
2 x Graduate Project Managers
Location: Remote/Your site of choice across the UK when the offices open in 2021
Duration: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Rate £Competitive Salary - Fixed Term Contract
Graduate Project Managers are required to support the Technology Optimisation Programme. This programme is being delivered as part of the overall Voyager programme
The Technology Optimisation programme will look to address technological risks, whilst maintaining competitiveness through the embedding of emerging technology as well as enabling the rapid use of both Public and Private Cloud.
This work is multi-faceted due to the range and complexity of data, applications and technology landscape in scope and consequently the need for multiple workstream and business area engagement (both internal and external).
As the junior Project Manager you will be supporting the programme to optimise the business by right-sizing the number of applications, their underlying infrastructure and the associated data centre footprint. You will also help build the bridge and therefore allowing the transition from existing to new by ensuring an uninterrupted service and migration of data. The role is to provide support to the workstream leads with tasks such as helping to coordinate plans, organise meetings and liaise with external suppliers and acting as a point of contact for any updates from internal and external stakeholders.
The range and execution of strategies will be complex and will require 2 junior Project Managers with excellent time management skills, the ability to work well under limited supervision, and the ability to deal with a demanding, complex fast-paced environment.
- Desire to gain more knowledge within the Project Management field
- A real people person that can build relationships and communicate clearly between multiple stakeholders
- The ability to learn and then leverage subject matter expertise for a business processes and function
- Awareness of RAID management - critical dependencies, risks, plans, costs and resourcing projects and dependencies across interlinked projects
- Develop their skills of project management methodologies and techniques becoming an SME
- Working with Senior Project Manager to provide support on multiple activities to differing deadlines
- Ability to self-manage, taking ownership of own learning and development and eventual move into Project Management role
- Naturally Curious and applies to seek out areas of project improvement
Pontoon/ Next Generation is part of the larger Adecco group and working in conjunction with our client Lloyds Banking Group, we have fixed term contracts we look to fill with talented Graduates for specific roles.
You would be working for a large Company and have the benefits of a fixed term contract employee working on client site as a contract for services, very much with a view to working the role in a Next Generation consultant capacity to enable you to learn the requirements of the role and be trained on the job prior to being considered for a potential permanent opportunity. You will become part of the wider Next Generation Consultant model and get the benefits that go with this. You will be paid an attractive salary and 28 days holiday plus bank holiday and have an opportunity to obtain bonus and benefits.