Assistant Project Manager - EV Charging
Our client manufactures, installs, owns, and operates EV charging and smart infrastructure solutions. Their mission is to enable a fast and sustainable transition to EV and support the development of smart mobility solutions.
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to manage the delivery of EV charge point installations in highways, and within commercial and residential settings across London. You will be working for a great company in an exciting and fast-growing sector.
As an Assistant Project Manager you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, managing, and reporting project activity, including design, procurement, tendering, construction and close out. Key requirements of the role include:
- Managing pre-construction planning and design
- Coordinating site surveys, including the attending site measure-ups
- Managing the development and review of charge points installation designs for highways, commercial and residential projects
- Managing project approvals including licences and permits
- Developing bill of quantities and coordinating supply and delivery of charge point equipment
- Managing and coordinating Principal Contractor requirements, including the development if risk assessments and construction plans
- Instructing sub-contractors
- Managing the construction phase including site inspections, meetings, QA reviews, reporting, programme of work, valuing variations and contractor's applications for payment.
- Managing and liaising with various parties to deliver the project including clients, councils, residents, statutory undertakers, utility service providers, etc.
- Developing project close-out documentation including financial close
- Managing multiple projects across a program of work across the UK
You have project management training and, ideally, project management qualifications with at least 3-years experience. Preferably you are a professionally qualified engineer affiliated with the ICE or equivalent and have work experience in managing projects for both contractors and consultants
You have a good understanding of the UK energy and EV sectors and of the construction sector more broadly. Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of highways projects but ideally electronic vehicle charge point infrastructure systems with an emphasis on on-street projects, residential, and commercial developments
You have commercial acumen and contract management experience (JCT and NEC3)
The role is permanent paying up to £35,000 per annum, and is based in Central London.
Sounds like the role for you? Apply ASAP or give us a call in the office to discuss!