Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to join our expanding Infrastructure business across the UK, supporting our clients on range of prestigious infrastructure (Airports, Rail, Highways, Utilities) projects.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the £10m to £25m range. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
Project management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project inception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of project requirements
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan
- Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets
- Developing and implementing resource plans and procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Developing and agreeing budgets and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client, other consultants, and managing stakeholders at all project stages
- Advising the client regarding Health & Safety and Environmental issues and risks
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- NEC3: ECC Project Manager accreditation
- Chartered Civil Engineer/ Civils experience
- Experience of working on major Infrastructure projects and programmes
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
More searches like this
- Aerospace / Defence Senior Project Manager jobs in United Kingdom
- Construction / Built Environment Senior Project Manager jobs in United Kingdom
- Engineering Senior Project Manager jobs in United Kingdom
- Utilities / Energy Senior Project Manager jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Senior Project Manager jobs in United Kingdom