Senior Project Manager (Telecoms/Infrastructure)
This exciting new opportunity is with a well-known public sector organisation, located in Scotland. This organisation is looking for an experienced project manager to work on an infrastructure and telecoms programme. This role will be outside of IR35 with a rate of C. £450 per day. The role will be one year initially with likelihood of extension. Although the role will be initially remote, the role holder will be expected to travel across Scotland when required.
Your new role
The role holders will be responsible for:
- The practical analysis of reports from operators.
- Desk based assurance of reports from operators.
- Summarising and reporting discrepancies to the Contract Director.
- As built checking of physical build.
- Liaison with key project stakeholders to optimise build and resolve issues.
- Presenting programme aims and progress at a local level.
- Inputting to the Risk, Issues, Actions and Decision logs.
- Working with operators to determine local priorities.
- Representing the organisations when making deployment decisions.
- Working with communities to optimise outcomes of any related voucher schemes.
- Working with alternative operators to optimise infrastructure deployment based on voucher schemes.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a successful track record delivering telecoms programmes. You will have experience of the full range of project disciplines and have a strong background within infrastructure projects.
- Experience of the full range of programme/project disciplines.
- Excellent programme management track record ideally in an Infrastructure / ICT Major Programmes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of / expertise in project tools and techniques (S/W) for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes and projects.
- Budget planning and forecasting.
- Knowledge of local authority structures and governance.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
What you'll get in return
This role will give you the opportunity to add value with your existing skills and experience to an organisation-wide programme within one of the most notable public sector bodies in Scotland.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.