Feasibility Design Project Manager
Working closely with the Feasibility Project Director and relevant supporting teams, the role of the Feasibility Design Project Manager is to manage all aspects of feasibility design projects for clients.
From initial meetings to define the project scope through design definition, design optimisation, design coordination with peers and external parties, ensuring all aspects of the project are dealt with in a proactive manner to the timescales defined in the proposal document and within the set budget.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery of feasibility projects on time, on budget and to client defined scope
- Attend Client meetings, on site or where required, to define scope and manage information flow
- Coordination of the design requirements with internal and external design teams
- Assist the Client with processing equipment, if required.
- Compiling equipment budgets for the Client, ensuring there are no gaps in supply.
- Defining utility requirements of existing and proposed equipment and liaising with design team regarding supply sizes
- Instigating site utility searches
- If required, compiling a capacity model for the proposed facility, taking the Client through it and handing it over to the Client.
- Using CAD to design the new facility with equipment layouts, staff facilities, utility requirements, material storage requirements and external area requirements. Ensuring the best use of space and most effective layout.
- Defining people, process and waste flows for the current and proposed facility ensuring all aspects meet expectations and the required standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the desired standards are designed into the facility, e.g. BRC, TFMS, Plan A.
- Coordinate equipment purchasing and installation programme with the site Team.
- Responsible for the writing the Feasibility Project Report
- Liaison with the Commercial Team to ensure information is sufficiently handed over to allow a cost model to be completed.
- Liaison with the Pre-Construction Team to ensure the proposed facility can be constructed in a timely manner and to a budget.
- Coordinate a high-level programme with the Pre-Construction & Commercial Teams which accurately reflects the stages
- Actively monitor developments within the industry, communicating to the team and implementing change when agreed.
- Follow company processes ensuring the relevant teams are informed throughout the feasibility and design process.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams during the hand over from Feasibility to Detailed Design. Attending meetings where required and transferring critical information and key decisions which have been defined throughout the feasibility study.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Can creatively assess a problem and develop and implement ideas to resolve it
- Fully efficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Projects, Excel and Word
- Excellent communicator and listener
- Negotiation skills for Supplier and internal conversations
- Being able to think around a subject pre-assessing all eventualities.
- Able to multi task with several projects (large and small) at a time.