The UMAS project manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our consultancy activities. The role will suit an experienced and confident professional used to operating at the cutting edge of professional services delivery. Our project manager will have a strong background of leading on the planning and delivery of consultancy engagements including working with highly experienced team members to ensure the delivery of projects to our highest standards, on-time and on-budget. We also expect our project manager to actively support and contribute to the ongoing improvement of UMAS project management processes and procedures.
What you will be doing.
- Contribute and where appropriate lead the development and sign-off of proposals, leading on project risk assessment and risk management, the coordinating the assembly of scopes of work, budgets, timelines for milestones and final delivery.
- Form a close working relationship with the UMAS delivery team and report directly to the senior management team.
- Actively work with the finance and contracts team members to ensure projects are delivered on-time, in-budget and quality controlled.
- Provide a project management interface between UMAS and their clients, giving regular updates on project progress, dealing with problems/issues that may arise during the course of a project including support for the re-structuring of deliverables and budgets.
- Scheduling the UMAS team to optimise the utilisation of skills and capabilities on projects in order to meet both quality and commercial expectations.
- Lead in the continuous improvement of UMAS project management practices through the creation and setting of procedures, standards of operation, training etc.
- Undertake post project reviews and audits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- To be qualified at least to first degree level in an engineering or scientific subject area.
- You will need to have 2 to 3 years’ experience of project management within a professional services consulting environment.
- An understanding of the maritime and international shipping sector would be an advantage.
- Formal Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, APM(PPQ)
- Proficient use of MS Office Tools and project management software, experience of using Mavenlink would be an advantage.
- You will need to be tenacious and motivated to assist the delivery of high quality and commercially profitable projects through project management leadership.
- Commercial skills with a proven track record in project managing the delivery of high-quality outputs, on-time and on-budget.
- The ability to organise and coordinate highly technical and experienced team members within the maritime and international shipping sector
- The ability to operate across a multidisciplinary environment and wide range of stakeholders.
Where you will be working.
Under normal conditions the UMAS team operates out of London, however given the current situation the UMAS team is working remotely so for at least the short-term this role will be home based. When conditions permit this role will be a mixture of office and home working.