Construction Project Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Construction Project Manager
Site Location: UKAEA Culham, Oxfordshire
Department: Campus and Property Development
Type of Employment: Full-time
Salary: £42,208 to £45,385 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Construction Project Manager with a background in construction to help us deliver a growing pipeline of projects to time, cost and quality. This opportunity allows you to manage the planning, design, development and implementation of construction projects, enabling you to have a direct influence on the enhancement of construction activity at UKAEA.
You will have a range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types and will be able to manage these simultaneously. You will be able to demonstrate experience of dealing with both internal and external stakeholders at different levels, have an understanding and knowledge of administering NEC form of contract and have worked in a collaborative and inclusive team.
The main key areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing, or managing the provision of key technical input into the planning, development and construction of building projects
- Ensuring project management of a team of professional staff developing the key civil, mechanical and electrical designs for building management and operation
- Ensuring relevant statutory and environmental approvals are obtained prior to works commencing and that relevant safety management and Culham Site working procedures are observed
- Applying risk management tools and strategies to enable the successful delivery of construction projects and programmes
- Liaising with and managing clients and stakeholders across the organisation
- Applying and managing BIM level 2 requirements
Essential skills, experience and competences required:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or construction discipline
- Good range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types
- Demonstrable experience of managing the design and implementation of construction projects, preferably in the public sector
- Previous demonstrable knowledge and experience of the administration of NEC form of contract (up to the value of £10m)
- Project-related skills and experience (including project planning, implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management)
- Previous experience using business and project management software
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management
Desirable skills, experience and competences:
- Membership of relevant technical body e.g. Chartered Institute of Building; Association of Project Managers
- CAD capability and BIM awareness
- Familiarity with Culham site and its buildings
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days’ annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g. professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our dedicated Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Partner, with the support of our Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10 minute walk from Culham Railway Station.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on the 4th of March 2021. Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note, all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.