Technology Project Manager
Enterprise Wide Technology services the broader Firm through delivery of core technology and managed services capabilities, collaboration and innovation development services and building our Alliances network. We will strive to ensure that our technology assets are fit for purpose, now & in future and will build out and refine the firm’s 3-year Technology Roadmaps and will support delivery of the large Transformation programmes across KPMG. We will own the strategic implementation of Core Infrastructure Products and will focus on modernising our current Infrastructure estate.
Digital Transformation PPM Centre of Excellence
Digital Transformation PPM team will Deliver on the Digital Transformation ambitions for our business and the Wider Firm. A community of practice that shares knowledge and drives excellence through a strong community of Project Managers who are experts in delivery of Technology projects and programmes. The team will act as a Centre of Excellence and will set the benchmark for complying with the standards for delivery – adopting agile methodologies, modern tooling and championing the firm’s governance. We will also be responsible for Portfolio management of our tier 1, 2 and 3 projects. We provide transparency and rigour to the projects we deliver. Our team achieves this by working with our clients to shape ideas into concrete products that fit their strategy. As well as setting standards for the way those products are delivered. The team will work in Partnership with our Strategy & Architecture colleagues to ensure Technical Solution concepts defined translate into requirements and high-quality project deliverables to maximise value for our clients.
The Technology Project Manager will work as part of a central project management function within Digital Transformation PPM, working with internal and external clients to deliver end-to-end solutions across our digital platforms.
The role involves working across Enterprise Wide Technology, with our Connected Technology Consulting colleagues and the wider KPMG client facing community to drive:
• Delivery excellence; agility in our delivery approach to ensure the business can remain highly responsive to market demand and can bring services to market quickly and safely; a culture to re-enforce Solutions & Digital as a technology enabler for our clients
• Define, manage and deliver technology delivery projects
• Manage and estimate multiple projects from inception to closure
• Manage project deliveries to time, budget and quality
• Manage project risks and issues
• Deliver robust and business relevant project reporting
• Lead the technical and design leads throughout a project
• Consult with clients and assist their project managers in delivery
• Participate in sales and contribute to winning engagements
• Forecasting of resource utilisation, time, costs, and other commitments required.
• The successful person will be able to take responsibility for the seamless delivery of projects, managing others and influencing key stakeholders
• A track record of delivering technology projects on time and on budget
• Experience of delivering projects that deliver solutions based on the ServiceNow platform is highly beneficial.
• Ability to prioritise work, and address conflict.
• Have an industry recognised project management qualification, ideally Prince 2, APM Practitioner or Certified Scrum Master
• A practical knowledge of ITIL and its application
• Experience of delivering projects that deliver solutions based on the ServiceNow platform is beneficial.
• Educated to degree level in a business or technology related subject or equivalent experience in a business or IT environment;
• A strong problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions
• Strives for continuous process improvement.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design.